Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

GM recalling 740,000 vehicles for headlight issues?

They're supposed to stay on even with the headlights on, but at reduced brightness. They become basically, parking lights or running lights.

Bumping this up as the recall finally posted on the Cadillac app for my BW.

I called my dealer to schedule getting the recall completed and they told me that the fix for this has not been figured out yet. Said the initial attempts of reprogramming did not fix the issue.

Searching online didn't reveal any problems with the recall. Im pretty sure the dealership didn't know what they were talking about.

Bumping this up as the recall finally posted on the Cadillac app for my BW.

I called my dealer to schedule getting the recall completed and they told me that the fix for this has not been figured out yet. Said the initial attempts of reprogramming did not fix the issue.

Searching online didn't reveal any problems with the recall. Im pretty sure the dealership didn't know what they were talking about.
I just received my paper notice of the recall in the mail today. I checked my car the other day and the recall has not been made available to it yet. I have not heard anything about any failures of the recall.

I'll check it again on the car tomorrow.

Oh yeah, you don't need the dealer to do it. It's an OTA thing you can do yourself.

Last edited:
My recall fix was performed at the dealer one week ago. They didn’t tell me about any issues, but then again they normally don’t.

My recall fix was performed at the dealer one week ago. They didn’t tell me about any issues, but then again they normally don’t.
Same. I finally got my balky horn taken care of and they told me they'd run the update.

Given I never noticed an issue in the first place, not sure I can verify the fix but the headlights still work so...

I know my BW is part of the recall. Nothing in the mail, etc. Doesn't show as an available over the air either. Funny part is, I stopped to grab a bite to eat the other day. I was facing the glass windows of the store. Started the car, and the DRL's came on as normal, so I thought I'd turn on my lights and look at the reflection in the glass to see if they dim as they should. To my surprise, they dimmed. So, I'm a bit confused. I thought the recall was because they DON'T dim. This was in daylight, so IDK.

Just got the recall letter in the mail, even thought I was at the dealer a week or two ago, and this was already taken care of. I'm sure the mailing was already in progress. Not a critical thing to get "fixed" anyway.

Here's the letter...
20230130_200008.jpg

Not sure if it’s been stated here or people know but you can track recalls on the NHTSA website or the app. I added my VIN on their SaferCar app and it will notify you of recalls associated with your vehicle(s).

Yup, got my letter yesterday too. I'll have to check for the OTA update. As of last week, there wasn't one for my BW

I got this taken care of by my dealer yesterday. They said it took longer than expected for it to "take" but they said it was done. I was there to mount/balance all seasons so they recommended this got done while I was there.

I gotta take my car in tomorrow to get checked for a leaking passenger strut (hooray 12K and leaking already) mag ride. Hoping they wont do this recall since I like how bright the DRLs are with the headlights. They kinda match in brightness.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back