Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

GM recalling 740,000 vehicles for headlight issues?

I just don't see this as a big deal since it's an OTA update. Not to mention, many owners would like to have this problem where the more distinctive DRLs stay on (other drivers facing them may disagree however!)

Last edited:
This is what I’m seeing on Carfax.
2F91976E-548D-493B-9781-93E4E75BC3D8.png

The recall showed up when I went into the Caddy App to schedule my 1st oil change.

It is an OTA fix. But how do we go about scheduling that or making it happen?

Mine is in garage that has WiFi so should get updated. Is there a way to check if/what updates it may have received?

Not all updates are available to the end user OTA. Some computer updates must be performed at the dealer. Most of the time, it’s to ensure a safety/compliance issue has been addressed.

Not all updates are available to the end user OTA. Some computer updates must be performed at the dealer. Most of the time, it’s to ensure a safety/compliance issue has been addressed.
Looks like this one should be. (Blue text)
46F68059-19AA-4A5A-81DD-CB48875839D7.png

It is an OTA fix. But how do we go about scheduling that or making it happen?

Mine is in garage that has WiFi so should get updated. Is there a way to check if/what updates it may have received?
OTAs should get pushed to the car. Go to system>updates on the nav screen and you can check. System>preferences to configure how they are delivered. System>about to see update history.

I have a related question. For OTA available updates, what happens to cars that haven’t been delivered? Are they still able to receive those updates or not until someone configures it on the car? I ask because this may be one of if not the one thing keeping my car on hold at auto port and not being delivered. I’m curious to know if they’ll have to manually update the car or if it will be pushed over the air. Doubt the community knows that kind of detail but would love to find out somehow.

I have a related question. For OTA available updates, what happens to cars that haven’t been delivered? Are they still able to receive those updates or not until someone configures it on the car? I ask because this may be one of if not the one thing keeping my car on hold at auto port and not being delivered. I’m curious to know if they’ll have to manually update the car or if it will be pushed over the air. Doubt the community knows that kind of detail but would love to find out somehow
As far as when the owner has it, they have to initiate the update process on the screen. IDK if it can be "forced" to a car. It seems the update file is pushed to the car automatically (like a cell phone update), unless you happen to check for updates and your timing is such that it is available and hasn't already been downloaded.

After thinking about this, I doubt any car other than in the consumers hand or at a dealer lot would be updated OTA (or otherwise) since you have to acknowledge the update by starting the car or otherwise turning it "on". I can't imagine GM holding up cars and them doing it at the plant, or goat lot. It's not just CT4's and 5's. It's other Cadillacs plus Buick, GMC's, Chevy's. It would be a nightmare for GM to do it, as opposed to a dealer with 5, 10 or 30 vehicles on a lot.

After thinking about this, I doubt any car other than in the consumers hand or at a dealer lot would be updated OTA (or otherwise) since you have to acknowledge the update by starting the car or otherwise turning it "on". I can't imagine GM holding up cars and them doing it at the plant, or goat lot. It's not just CT4's and 5's. It's other Cadillacs plus Buick, GMC's, Chevy's. It would be a nightmare for GM to do it, as opposed to a dealer with 5, 10 or 30 vehicles on a lot.
Yeah, I would think the car would be shipped and any OTA or recall would be done on the dealer lot.

Agreed. It would just be easier to ship them, and have the dealer do it as part of the PDI. GM has cars they don't even know they have, nor where they are based on reading this forum. Worse case, issue a stop sale until the cars are updated.

I agree with all of you. My car was supposedly released and then back on hold. When I looked at the dealership on Saturday the reason for the hold on the system was this recall. They should just ship it and update before delivery. We shall see…

@rubberduck .....I thought about you when I wrote that.

@fmusignac .....If that's true that GM is holding vehicles for this, that will be a logistical night mare for them to do it. I can't imagine how it'll get done.....and done right.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back