Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Front splitter (not CF)

jbawden

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 5BW 6M
I searched and didn't see any threads on the topic, but has anyone noticed the no charge front splitter option in the configurator (5BW)? Is this the same as the CF version but just plastic or are there other differences? I selected it on my order, but not sure what it looks like.

I searched and didn't see any threads on the topic, but has anyone noticed the no charge front splitter option in the configurator (5BW)? Is this the same as the CF version but just plastic or are there other differences? I selected it on my order, but not sure what it looks like.
It's (not really an option) standard and is included whether you choose it or not... unless you opt for the CF package... so a search and you'll find lots discussion on it when people weren't sure prior (the 22 online configurator was confusing like that at times🤷‍♂️... and apparently the 23 still is)

Unless you selected a CF option, you'll get the plastic version.

Where did that old discussion go?

It's not the same - about half the size and no wheel well deflectors

It's not the same - about half the size and no wheel well deflectors

Yeah honestly I wish they made a plastic version that's functional.

I bought the OEM CF spoiler and deflectors but just pushed off putting them on. Every week I think I'm gonna put them on, I encounter a situation where I think there's no way the CF1 spoiler would survive that.

Those with the CF spoiler, how often do you scrape/ make contact with a bump or incline?

Think it depends a lot of how the car is driven and the city. Those things wouldn’t last one hour as a DD in LA. There are some crazy driveway entrances. Anyone who has lived there knows what I’m talking about.

I bought the OEM CF spoiler and deflectors but just pushed off putting them on. Every week I think I'm gonna put them on, I encounter a situation where I think there's no way the CF1 spoiler would survive that.

Those with the CF spoiler, how often do you scrape/ make contact with a bump or incline?
When the car was still new, my wife wiped it out exiting a parking lot to the extent that it had to be replaced. Now, even I sometimes scrape the bottom of it which is not visible unless you're under the car looking up.

I'd buy a plastic version in a heartbeat.

As far as scraping goes, at least the car has a pretty short front overhang.

Think it depends a lot of how the car is driven and the city. Those things wouldn’t last one hour as a DD in LA. There are some crazy driveway entrances. Anyone who has lived there knows what I’m talking about.
+1000
I cannot think of any place I've lived, since the family place growing up in the burbs, where I could getaway with the CF1 on the 4BW. I did really want it but after seeing 1 in person I am OK I don't have it.
Maybe the 5BW is less severe?

This really is frustrating. Parking garage at the office is very dicey - fine if I'm the only one going through but not sure I could make it if I had to go straight on to squeeze by someone going the other way. It's a sedan, I shouldn't have to worry about scraping (yes yes cost of doing business!) That said the cf1 in the front really hasn't been that bad, it's the middle that's the issue. Anyone know what the lowest hanging part is? Is a light scrape a big deal or am I just hitting a mounting bracket or something like that?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back