Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Error message and reduced engine power

Seth

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing 46-404
Last night driving on the highway suddenly my car started slowing down and wouldn’t react much at all if I tried to go faster. Not a pleasant experience when you’re in the middle of a busy highway. The screen showed “Reduced Acceleration Drive With Care” and “Service ESC”. I was able to limp it (again, slowly, like it would barely go!) to a parking lot and did the old “turn it off and turn it back on again” which restored engine power and cleared the light. Has this happened to anyone else? I’m beginning to think there’s some overarching electronics problem on my car and it’s just throwing weird codes. I don’t know.

Last night driving on the highway suddenly my car started slowing down and wouldn’t react much at all if I tried to go faster. Not a pleasant experience when you’re in the middle of a busy highway. The screen showed “Reduced Acceleration Drive With Care” and “Service ESC”. I was able to limp it (again, slowly, like it would barely go!) to a parking lot and did the old “turn it off and turn it back on again” which restored engine power and cleared the light. Has this happened to anyone else? I’m beginning to think there’s some overarching electronics problem on my car and it’s just throwing weird codes. I don’t know.
What are the other codes it has thrown?

Th
Low voltage to MAF sensor showed up a couple weeks ago
There you go!! When your car throws a code, the solution is not to ignore it. Happened to me with a suspension code. Fortunately, it was just a bad sensor. The one thing I didn’t do was just keep going on as if it was some kind of random message and nothing would happen. Lesson learned I guess.

There you go!! When your car throws a code, the solution is not to ignore it. Happened to me with a suspension code. Fortunately, it was just a bad sensor. The one thing I didn’t do was just keep going on as if it was some kind of random message and nothing would happen. Lesson learned I guess.

Lol, yeah. The dealership told me it was "fine" and they would address it when I come in to get the ventilated seat fan replaced (yes, add that to the list of things). I don't want to be ignoring it but last time I brought my car to the dealership they had it for two freaking weeks. Trying to reduce trips 🙃

Which DTC(s) are you currently showing? And what modifications are installed on the car?

Which DTC(s) are you currently showing? And what modifications are installed on the car?

I don't have a code scanner or anything like that, as far as I know (from Googling) it's P0102, the dealership told me it's "low voltage to MAF sensor" and that's what Google tells me the code is for that.

All the ESC/Reduced Power stuff went away after I turned the car off and back on. No mods.

By the way @Barstoolman1127 I was just posting this here to see if it happened to anyone else but thanks for taking the opportunity to explain how this is all my fault and make assumptions about how I’m “ignoring” maintenance on my car. Anyone who knows me would laugh at that - I’m borderline obsessive when it comes to my car. Why the f would I be posting about it here if I was ignoring it. It bothers the hell out of me that my CEL is on, I’m just going by what the dealership said. I might need to look into selling this car because I’ve had it since August and it’s already spent 3-4 weeks at the dealership for repairs. Now I’m dealing with this CEL and other error codes. Glad you apparently have all the time in the world to be dealing with shit like this but I don’t.

If you're getting multiple warnings from different systems, start with battery troubleshooting. Multiple people have found old batteries, loose negative cable connections, or grounding issues in about that order.

I agree with @rdollie that these days, the battery should be step one for any electrical troubleshooting. Not saying it's always or usually the cause, but its common enough to warrant being at the top of the list, particularly when the symptoms are random and the vehicle doesn't have any obvious issues.

I'd check the atsv LF3 forums as well, but I dont know if the MAF is the same so it might be a wild goose chase. Really, this early in ownership it's not your job to diagnose the problem. It's pretty difficult to do, esp since this is the only car that has the LF4. If you have time stop by an AutoZone or parts place and borrow a scanner to get all the codes.

I get it's a pain to bring it in but these are the cards you were dealt with. I may be preaching to the chior, but It could happen no matter what brand you bought. I guess you have to weigh your options if you wanna dump it, or if they can't fix it lemon law it. You could always get another 4BW but what would be your alternative car to buy if you traded the BW? Do you want a new sedan in a manual trans because if you do then there is only one other sedan that even comes close to your BW ( and you know it's not any more reliable, prob even less reliable).

I think the SA telling you not to bring it in is a bad sign( do you trust this dealership?). They may not have your best interest at heart. You had a engine code a few weeks ago, but now you got limp mode. To me, If it were my car, I'd bring it in asap and get them to provide me with a nice fun loaner( not some shitbox CUV that they love to pawn off on people). That might make you feel better, temporarily.

Last edited:
I'd check the atsv LF3 forums as well, but I dont know if the MAF is the same so it might be a wild goose chase. Really, this early in ownership it's not your job to diagnose the problem. It's pretty difficult to do, esp since this is the only car that has the LF4. If you have time stop by an AutoZone or parts place and borrow a scanner to get all the codes.

I get it's a pain to bring it in but these are the cards you were dealt with. I may be preaching to the chior, but It could happen no matter what brand you bought. I guess you have to weigh your options if you wanna dump it, or if they can't fix it lemon law it. You could always get another 4BW but what would be your alternative car to buy if you traded the BW? Do you want a new sedan in a manual trans because if you do then there is only one other sedan that even comes close to your BW ( and you know it's not any more reliable, prob even less reliable).

I think the SA telling you not to bring it in is a bad sign( do you trust this dealership?). They may not have your best interest at heart. You had a engine code a few weeks ago, but now you got limp mode. To me, If it were my car, I'd bring it in asap and get them to provide me with a nice fun loaner( not some shitbox CUV that they love to pawn off on people). That might make you feel better, temporarily.

Yeah, no - I don't trust or have any relationship w the dealership. They're just the closest Cadillac dealership. I live in TX and the car I purchased was from Cadillac South San Francisco (who were freaking amazing). I don't want to get rid of this car, I absolutely love the car itself which I'm sure is apparent by the fact I'm posting pics of it all the time. And like you said, there's not really anything else out there. I don't want an M3. There are some two seaters I would consider but that's what I had before the BW and I really like the practicality of having more space. Lemon law looks like it can only go into effect if the problem isn't fixed after repeat visits to the dealership, even though it would be the best (?) financial outcome I really hope that's not the road I go down. What a pain in the ass that would be.

Man - sorry to hear about this. It hits pretty close to home too........as you're a fellow Austinite.

You mention they're the closest, but check again - they're the only Caddy dealer in town. :(

I have not dealt much with them, but wish you the best of luck. PM me if you think there's anything I can do to help.

Man - sorry to hear about this. It hits pretty close to home too........as you're a fellow Austinite.

You mention they're the closest, but check again - they're the only Caddy dealer in town. :(

I have not dealt much with them, but wish you the best of luck. PM me if you think there's anything I can do to help.

Thanks man, if things work out with my car we ought to meet up and go for a drive sometime. Also feel free to join FB group Austin Area Cadillac V Owners | Facebook , I think you'd be the only 5BW there!

As far as the dealership I've only been to the one off Research. I'm thinking I might need to give the Bee Cave location a try - which one have you been to?

Lmao you guys this whole time I thought they told me the original engine code was low voltage to "MAF SENSOR" but it was in fact "MAP SENSOR" ... now I feel like a real dummy for going down the "MAF SENSOR" rabbit hole.

Anyhow... the dealership has now replaced the MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor and the CEL is cleared. They said the issues discussed in the first post of this thread were caused by the same sensor issue. So far so good. Feels really nice to be driving a car without a CEL or any weird noises... fingers crossed that was just working out the kinks and it's smooth sailing from here!

Lmao you guys this whole time I thought they told me the original engine code was low voltage to "MAF SENSOR" but it was in fact "MAP SENSOR" ... now I feel like a real dummy for going down the "MAF SENSOR" rabbit hole.

Anyhow... the dealership has now replaced the MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor and the CEL is cleared. They said the issues discussed in the first post of this thread were caused by the same sensor issue. So far so good. Feels really nice to be driving a car without a CEL or any weird noises... fingers crossed that was just working out the kinks and it's smooth sailing from here!
Good to hear they resolved it sooner rather than later. That's an important sensor. I can't believe they told you to wait on that!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back