Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V EQ settings

CT5-V Model

dizz81

Seasoned Member
Just curious what everyone is using for EQ settings. Who uses surround and what levels. I messed around a little bit with the settings but ultimately lost interest because driving was more thrilling lol

Assuming the 4 and 5 are similar or the same In my 4 I tweaked the base up just a bit and biased the speakers slightly rearward....sounds noticeably better than flat and neutral (front-back) bias.

What is this radio thing of which you speak?

(In all seriousness, I have messed with the settings a little but, overall, the sound system seems pretty poor to my ears for this price of car. It doesn't bother me in the slightest.)

What is this radio thing of which you speak?

(In all seriousness, I have messed with the settings a little but, overall, the sound system seems pretty poor to my ears for this price of car. It doesn't bother me in the slightest.)
The sound isn't poor....its actually quite good. Where it comes up short is in comparison to the truly high end systems in some other luxury cars....but its not bad at all really - I enjoy it.

Assuming the 4 and 5 are similar or the same In my 4 I tweaked the base up just a bit and biased the speakers slightly rearward....sounds noticeably better than flat and neutral (front-back) bias.
When I moved it slightly rearward my rear seat passengers said it was WAY too loud back there. Might be something just to keep in mind if you're hauling people around.

I have higher end systems in other cars (23 speaker signature meridian system in a rover) and although not as good, the AKG is decent. It also depends on source…satellite radio not as clear as iPhone. Deep and low bass is not as strong as other systems but otherwise I think it is sufficient.

Last edited:
I have higher end systems in other cars (23 speaker signature meridian system in a rover) and although not as good, the AKG is decent. It also depends on source…satellite radio not as clear as iPhone. Deep and low bass is not as strong as other systems but otherwise I think it is sufficient.
I just keep telling myself that it's MILES ahead of the old shitty Bose system I had in my 2017 CTS-V. That was awful

Does the job for me and better than other cars I’ve owned. SiriusXM sounds horrible as usual, but I let it expire after the trial period. Pandora and Tidal sound decent.

Does the job for me and better than other cars I’ve owned. SiriusXM sounds horrible as usual, but I let it expire after the trial period. Pandora and Tidal sound decent.
I imagine Tidal does sound good (on most any system). I have Qubuz but don't know if its available on the Caddy. I do have it on my phone so perhaps Android play (haven't tried yet). I also have Spotify...but usually don't bother...(have better sources)

I have lots of music loaded on my phone and this is what I normally play. Most is live music (soundboards and some quality audience tapes)or alternate studio stuff. The quality varies - but mostly pretty good to excellent quality. All pretty much sounds decent (or better) through Android play in the Caddy.

Interesting on the break-in...geez at this rate (of miles) it will be 2027 before get full acoustic range!

Like most systems, the source matters and XM is probably the worst source due to the compression algorithms. I have adjusted the EQ as I usually do, a general U shape. I think its a good system, but I'd like more punch at lower volumes.

Interesting on the break-in...geez at this rate (of miles) it will be 2027 before get full acoustic range!

Like most systems, the source matters and XM is probably the worst source due to the compression algorithms. I have adjusted the EQ as I usually do, a general U shape. I think its a good system, but I'd like more punch at lower volumes.
100% agree about the XM compression.

I have been pretty happy with Apple Lossless. Haven't tried FLAC. Wonder if the unit would support?

I do flac through my phone....sounds as good as the source...

Wireless

I installed a 12” sub since the previous owner took out the sub he had in but left a high end amp installed. I’ve never gone crazy with systems in cars but the added base makes a huge difference in the overall stereo sound.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back