Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Engine Code P30EF

Lithoss

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
23 CT4 BW Wave Blue
Got an engine code today, with ~600 miles on the car. Code is P30EF, which from what I can find googling has something to do with the cooling system.
Anyone else had this?
Bringing it in next week.

'Cooling fan malfunction' is what I get when I search in HPTuners.

Stupid question...have you checked to see if your radiator fan is running? Plug come undone? Obstructed by something?

'Cooling fan malfunction' is what I get when I search in HPTuners.

Stupid question...have you checked to see if your radiator fan is running? Plug come undone? Obstructed by something?
From what i can tell the fan is running. Temps look fine too.

So the code went out Thursday (inactive) and hasn't lit again since. Since everything seems fine (temps good, fan running fine) I canceled my appointment at the dealership and will watch for it to happen again. Also going to have them inspect it closely (or at least ask them to) at first service. Unless of course it comes back active again, then it's going in asap for sure!

If you don't drive your car everyday, or have a trickle charger tending the battery........many owners have found that if the battery drops in voltage, the car will throw some crazy codes. Mine threw a code that the transmission was going to stop functioning ! My car had been parked in cold weather for almost 3 weeks.

I'll pay attention to that. Thanks!
So far no reoccurence so there's that.

I've been putting tenders on my cars for the last 3 years even if I'm going to drive it the next day.

Modern cars just have so much going on now, OTA updates etc where things are still running in the background which exasperate low battery issues from not enough driving.

Before you could park a vehicle for 3 weeks and it would still crank over, I don't even want to chance one week on a modern vehicle.

Maybe I should buy a plug in hybrid as my next purchase because I've been practicing for many years now!

I just picked up my car after it was sitting at the dealership for repairs for two weeks, and as I’m going to get into my car, the service advisor goes “is your car supposed to have a check engine light?“ Lol… No, it’s not, so they cleared it and said it was low voltage to the MAF sensor is what the code said. I have my car back and the CEL came back on. At any rate, hoping this is just cause it was sitting for a couple weeks.

I just picked up my car after it was sitting at the dealership for repairs for two weeks, and as I’m going to get into my car, the service advisor goes “is your car supposed to have a check engine light?“ Lol… No, it’s not, so they cleared it and said it was low voltage to the MAF sensor is what the code said. I have my car back and the CEL came back on. At any rate, hoping this is just cause it was sitting for a couple weeks.
LOL, why would they even ask that after servicing the car? No car should leave service with that light on.

LOL, why would they even ask that after servicing the car? No car should leave service with that light on.

Especially when it wasn’t on when I arrived!!!

Who knows. I love this car but it’s had some hiccups 😵‍💫

Got an engine code today, with ~600 miles on the car. Code is P30EF, which from what I can find googling has something to do with the cooling system.
Anyone else had this?
Bringing it in next week.
Same JUST happened to my 2023 V 2.7- 678 miles on it :/

Good to know. I cleared the code and will be keeping an eye on it. I thought it may have been caused by the JB4 I tried last week. That thing threw 13 codes. NOT recommended for the L3Bs.

Last edited:
I assume that is the code I pulled, as the dealer stated it was a cooling fan malfunction.
Car has been there for over a month now waiting on a backordered part.
If it's an invalid issue, just a code being thrown, I'm going to be annoyed at not having my car for that long.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back