Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V Electrical noise/hiss from speaker while moving

Cadillac CT4-V model

dstewart51

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
23' CT4V-BW
Noticed this as I was driving home after taking delivery, there is a slight but noticeable rapid pulse type noise which can sound a bit like a hiss coming from the front passenger door mid-range speaker when moving at speed. The noise is slightly less apparent in a right turn, slightly more apparent straight and in a left turn. It appears to be tied to suspension movement. I mostly notice it at highway and freeway speeds >50 MPH. The noise is worse if the road has some texture or is a bit rough, not so much on a fresh smooth road. I wonder if some electrical noise from the MagneRide suspension operation is getting in to the audio system. Radio volume does not matter. Its not bad, but now I hear it I always hear it.

I hope GM has a Service Bullentin out of this, I have very little faith in the hand tied dealer service techs, especialy when it comes to warranty work, in finding electrical issues. Anyone ever read or come accross a similar problem?

Interesting, but no. I didn't turn the stereo on till a couple 1000 miles in and never heard anything from the speakers, literally.
I have the ticking (was it a fan or pump, I forgot but totally normal) from the engine bay and an occasional dash creak, but otherwise fine.

Does it change based on Engine setting? Either in volume or how it sounds itself, as that changes the amount of augmentation from nil to phoar.

Did you check to make sure the towing/shipping blocks were pulled out of the front springs?

My dealer left mine in and it created a suspension noise. Not entirely like what you're hearing, but it's an easy check. Should be readily apparent with a flashlight. No need to remove the wheels.

Does not matter if the radio is on, or what the volume is. Didn't try in other drive modes, just in touring. Stopped by the local dealership and made a report to the service advisor, he is going to check for bulletins and ask one of his guys then we will schedule a test drive. Going to pull the wheels this weekend and look to see if I find a loose bolt or electrical connection. This type of problem is common with a loose ground.

@DustinEarnhardt I'm going to go out and check if the blocks were removed now, don't think that's it but cant hurt to check.

Side note, hit 500mi 1/2 mile from my work this morning :devilish:

That will be difficult to diagnose. I'm wondering if it's got anything to do with the augmented (fake) engine sound which comes from the speakers.

In my prior Genesis G70, I could swear there was an audio system hiss at times. It turned out to be the fan for the cooled seats. Are you 100% sure your cooled seats are not on?

Does it sound like a high frequency tinnitus type noise? If so, I hear it. It's not there when car is stationary. It's More apparent at freeway speeds.

Its not a clunk or rattle, its a higher freq noise, not loud, but is clearly audible and it's tied to suspension action at speed. The seat blowers are off, so not those. Need to have my wife drive it and me in the passanger seat to see if I can pint point the origin. Best I can tell from the drivers seat, it appears to be comming from the passanger door mid-range speaker by the door handle.

you are right. It is more noticeable when the road has more texture. The frequency doesn't change at all- it's a constant high pitched noise. my ears aren't the greatest so I didn't know where it is coming from. I will check passenger side speaker. I have tinnitus so it is an annoyance, been driving with the windows down a lot lately to drown out the sound.

Its not a clunk or rattle, its a higher freq noise, not loud, but is clearly audible and it's tied to suspension action at speed. The seat blowers are off, so not those. Need to have my wife drive it and me in the passanger seat to see if I can pint point the origin. Best I can tell from the drivers seat, it appears to be comming from the passanger door mid-range speaker by the door handle.
Any resolution or greater insight with this?

Any resolution or greater insight with this?
Yes! Turns out it was mechanical in nature. Took my wife out for breakfest at a local airport, told her to drive while I look for the noise. From the passanger seat it sounded like it was comming from behind the dash, but by chance I put my hands on the plastic cover behind the rear view mirror that covers the PDR camera, it clicked into place and this noise is gone now. The noise was reflecting off the windshield making it sound like it was coming from everywhere but where it was.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back