Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Driver-side Lumbar/Bolster/Massage adjustment not working

CT5-V Model

CT5-Voraus

Anyone had this problem? When operating the function dial on the seat's side, the infotainment screen animation shows the seat adjustments, but nothing actually happens. Passenger-side works fine. All other seat functions work as well (ventilation/heating/memory).

Trying to avoid trip to service department.

Maybe pay for the 3 day Service Manual and get all the connection diagrams and go hunting under the seat. Otherwise, service dept.

Have you gotten it to work prior? The toggle can be confusing.

First try the on/button off (see picture at the bottom of this post) ... it's the easiest way

The toggle (see picture at the bottom of this post) switches it between the massage (top diagram on infotainment screen) and adjusting the lumbar (middle diagram on infotainment screen) and seat bolsters (bottom diagram on infotainment screen).

You then need to push on the outer part of the disc (just under toggle) up/down/left/right (you can feel the raised arrows) to turn massage on/off (I think that's up/down) or adjust the 'Roll' 1-3 (I think that's side to side) ...or to adjust the lumbar or seat bolsters.

I didn't notice the on/off button until like 2 months after I got the car! (Blue is toggle, Red is direct on/off button)

1669240698774.png

Last edited:

First try the on/button off (see picture at the bottom of this post) ... it's the easiest way

The toggle (see picture at the bottom of this post) switches it between the massage (top diagram on infotainment screen) and adjusting the lumbar (middle diagram on infotainment screen) and seat bolsters (bottom diagram on infotainment screen).

You then need to push on the outer part of the disc (just under toggle) up/down/left/right (you can feel the raised arrows) to turn massage on/off (I think that's up/down) or adjust the 'Roll' 1-3 (I think that's side to side) ...or to adjust the lumbar or seat bolsters.

I didn't notice the on/off button until like 2 months after I got the car! (Blue is toggle, Red is direct on/off button)

View attachment 14675
Yes, it has worked in the past. The passenger side works as it should (as explained in your post 👍).

View attachment 14675

I’m confused by the button you gave labeled in red as the on/off button. In my car touching the red button momentarily does nothing, but holding it pressed just continues to inflate the lumbar support into my back further and further. And as far as I can tell the button isn’t even mentioned in the manual at all.

Other than that my seats work fine but I stumbled upon this page coincidentally a few days after stumbling upon that little round button a few days ago.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyone had this problem? When operating the function dial on the seat's side, the infotainment screen animation shows the seat adjustments, but nothing actually happens. Passenger-side works fine. All other seat functions work as well (ventilation/heating/memory).

Trying to avoid trip to service department.
You ever got this figured out? My driver side just started doing this. Was using the massager then when it turned off, nothing works for bolster on the seat. Still reclines and moves but anything booster related is dead. Chased the fuses I can find that’s seat related and nothing.

Just had and resolved the same issue. Started as non-functioning lumbar which I ignores. Weeks later I was getting a warning for a safety assist system. What I didn't realize is the message meant the seat vibration setting I was using wasn't working. Dealership replaced an actuator and all is fine. I told myself it's a sign I need to lose weight!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back