Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Do you actually use the HUD?

Do you actually look at the HUD really?

• Yes

Votes: 37 74.0%
  • No

Votes: 13 26.0%

• Total voters
I forget it's there because I don't daily drive it, but it's great to have it there, especially when you're driving, um, "around" the speed limit, or so.

Exclusively. I don’t DD mine. I miss it when I’m in the Jeep.

Nope. Have it in my truck too, don't use in either.

When I owned a BW4, it was my daily driver, and I always had the HUD on. Figured since I paid for it, why not get the benefit of using it.

Yea mine is always on but I just realize I spend almost no time looking at it for information. I’m always looking at the cluster.
Same here, I'm indifferent about it. Maybe I need to fine tune the position or brightness? Or it could be a lifetime of motorcycles that has me scanning the road surface and looking through corners?

You guys are missing out on one of the best features. HUD is a must have. You never need to look at the dash.

I always have it on/use it but I do catch myself using the center display as well much more than on prior cars.

I always have it on but rarely look at it. It's just reflex to look down at the gauge cluster. And I can never seem to get the brightness right. What's bright enough during the day is way too bright at night and what's a comfortable brightness at night is too dim during the day.

I had a HUD in my last car and did not have it in the BW. I'm indifferent about it as an option. I spend a vast majority of my driving with my cruise on, going places I know. I do find it useful when driving to a new destination to have my driving directions and speed limit posted in a HUD, but it's rare that I need to do that.

Last time I checked though, the Tech Package with the HUD forced you to buy the PDR. So if you didn't want the PDR you were spending over $2k to get the HUD.

Last edited:
I use it all the time and only occasionally look at the cluster. I had a HUD in my Pontiac Bonneville SSEi in the late 90's and really liked it then too.

I don't leave home without it (whether I'm driving the BW or wife's X5.) Had it prior V3 as well and would never go back!

I had a HUD in my last car and did not have it in the BW. I'm indifferent about it as an option. I spend a vast majority of my driving with my cruise on, going places I know. I do find it useful when driving to a new destination to have my driving directions and speed limit posted in a HUD, but it's rare that I need to do that.

Last time I checked though, the Tech Package with the HUD forced you to buy the PDR. So if you didn't want the PDR you were spending over $2k to get the HUD.

The bundled cost was why I omitted this option from my build, I had a HUD on my SS and in that car I used it entirely as a speedo. But polarized sun glasses made it very dim and with the BW, the digital cluster is much easier to glance at and get all the info I need so it wasnt worth the cost and I dont regret not it having it at all.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back