Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dealers That Are Not Charging Above MSRP

A little off topic, but it appears that the gouging, er... used car market is softening just a little. My stepson knew that I was looking and told me about this one that he saw on FB marketplace. The clip below is from cars.com

1692792801337.png

I've already found a car (new, MSRP) for less money, but note here the "price drop". And yes, 251 miles is nothing, but it is technically a used car. And an automatic.

A little off topic, but it appears that the gouging, er... used car market is softening just a little. My stepson knew that I was looking and told me about this one that he saw on FB marketplace. The clip below is from cars.com

View attachment 21248

I've already found a car (new, MSRP) for less money, but note here the "price drop". And yes, 251 miles is nothing, but it is technically a used car. And an automatic.
This practice isn't unusual. A last hoorah before taking their chances at auction, as that's likely the price they expect at auction and would be fee free. If it doesn't sell at auction they'll jack the price back up and go on about "market price" blah blah.

Purchased my 2023 CT4-V Blackwing (loaded minus exterior carbon packages) at Bergstrom Cadillac in Madison, WI on 8/7/23 at “invoice” plus the $4K GM rebate…thought it was a helluva deal for this current market.

Last edited:
Purchased my 2023 CT4-V Blackwing (loaded minus exterior carbon packages) at Bergstrom Cadillac in Madison, WI on 8/7/23 at “invoice” plus the $4K GM rebate…thought it was a helluva deal for this current market.
Strictly curious, does that amount to say 10k off of sticker? Not sure what invoice is compared to MSRP. At that #, I would consider adding a 4 just to have the pair.

Strictly curious, does that amount to say 10k off of sticker? Not sure what invoice is compared to MSRP. At that #, I would consider adding a 4 just to have the pair.

No, it was a little over $7K off.

When I purchased my 2016 ATS-V in 2017...I was able to get $20K off of sticker and the dealership paid for my trip to Spring Mountain (They didn't offer the driving school for 2016 models). Traded in my 2015 Perfect Blue Chevy SS Sedan (6-spd manual) for the ATS-V

When I purchased my 2016 ATS-V in 2017...I was able to get $20K off of sticker and the dealership paid for my trip to Spring Mountain (They didn't offer the driving school for 2016 models). Traded in my 2015 Perfect Blue Chevy SS Sedan (6-spd manual) for the ATS-V
Auto or manual?

Thanks Sir. I would have thought invoice was a bit less, but admittedly, I have never negotiated against invoice. Congratulations on your deal. If / when manuals far that far down I'll be tempted.

Thanks Sir. I would have thought invoice was a bit less, but admittedly, I have never negotiated against invoice. Congratulations on your deal. If / when manuals far that far down I'll be tempted.
When things go back to "normal" you could spec out a GM car on GM Family First build and price tool and it will tell you the employee price. Should be pretty darn close to the invoice price. Unfortunately it's not working for these cars at the moment as they aren't eligible but an example below

2023 Camaro ZL1 1G1FK1R60P0149349
MSRP - $73,975
Employee Price - $68,832
[placeholder for invoice price if I can ever get an employee to provide it for S&G, maybe @1StunnaV can help]

I know I thought same thing...would love to bang on the 4

I know I thought same thing...would love to bang on the 4
I owned one for about 2,000 miles while waiting for my 5 to arrive. I definitely prefer the Supercharged V8 and its unique attributes, but the 4 was fun to scoot around in. If the prices keep dropping, at some point I could see having one of each as Tall Steve does. But it could never replace the 5 for me.

I owned one for about 2,000 miles while waiting for my 5 to arrive. I definitely prefer the Supercharged V8 and its unique attributes, but the 4 was fun to scoot around in. If the prices keep dropping, at some point I could see having one of each as Tall Steve does. But it could never replace the 5 for me.
I do really love my 4BW, but it was fun driving my 5BW last weekend... I sometime forget how nice the 5 is to drive...

I was thinking about grabbing that one as I bought my 22 4BW fully loaded from Bergstrom at msrp but I couldn’t get past the no CF and I think they ordered that one w the suede wheel too right?

Yes, it has the suede "sport wheel".

I'm really not a fan of the CF aero packages, so it looks like it worked out for both of us.

Last edited:
I do really love my 4BW, but it was fun driving my 5BW last weekend... I sometime forget how nice the 5 is to drive...
I have a harsh life because I have only one car and I’m forced to drive the 5 all the time. Except for the rare bad weather and then I drive the Jeep. I hope others can sympathize with my dire situation.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back