Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dealers That Are Not Charging Above MSRP

And I wished I knew this before giving my reservation to the local Cadillac dealer. I got hit with 10K ADM but it was too late for me to switch dealers. At least I have my car, now I hesitate to even take my car in for service with that dealer. Just the thought of giving them more money to service my car just pisses me off.

Right there with you. I have otherwise been very happy with my dealership, but the last minute markup (which is not technically ADM) made me nearly give up on the car, and will exclude them from future vehicle purchases.

I can only justify the extra cost in that I got an allocation while others are not.

Last edited:
Right there with you. I have otherwise been very happy with my dealership, but the last minute markup (which is not technically ADM) made me nearly give up on the car, and will exclude them from future vehicle purchases.
Then what is it technically?

It all depends how bad you want the car. I got stuck with 10K over but I wanted the car so I bite the bullet. Now I won't go back to that dealer for anything else ever again.
Didn’t you just order a CT4-V Blackwing from them?

Then what is it technically?
A non-optional dealership package. So it comes with 'stuff' (oil changes, door edge guards, etc) and isn't ADM in the sense it's not more money for nothing. But they can basically charge whatever they want for the package.

Initially they wanted $50k for that package. I was ready to walk out the door with that BS.

Last edited:
Didn’t you just order a CT4-V Blackwing from them?
Yes but I'm not paying any ADM and they also gave me 10 year 100k extended warranty at no cost on my BW5. Thats the only reasson I ordered the 4 from them. They will also give me the 10 year 100K warranty on the 4 at no cost.

Last edited:
A non-optional dealership package. So it comes with 'stuff' (oil changes, door edge guards, etc) and isn't ADM in the sense it's not more money for nothing. But they can basically charge whatever they want for the package.

Initially they wanted $50k for that package. I was ready to walk out the door with that BS.
Gotcha, at least there’s some value I suppose. Whatever makes them feel good about it.

I previously wrote in this thread about how I had not discussed ADM with my dealer and was just hoping for the best.

Looks like I was fortunate! They emailed me that my car was shipping and the topic of financing came up and they said "There are no incentives for this car, but fortunately we will be selling the car to you for MSRP - see attached containing license fees blah blah blah"

Very happy about the result - wish I would've asked months ago and saved myself the 3 months of anxiety about getting a $15k surprise.

I previously wrote in this thread about how I had not discussed ADM with my dealer and was just hoping for the best.

Looks like I was fortunate! They emailed me that my car was shipping and the topic of financing came up and they said "There are no incentives for this car, but fortunately we will be selling the car to you for MSRP - see attached containing license fees blah blah blah"

Very happy about the result - wish I would've asked months ago and saved myself the 3 months of anxiety about getting a $15k surprise.
You are very LUCKY !!!

Two CT4 BWs at my local dealer on Long Island...

Attachments

• PXL_20211126_154506018.jpg
    PXL_20211126_154506018.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 108
  • PXL_20211126_154448530.jpg
    PXL_20211126_154448530.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 108
Frank Kent in Fort Worth sold us a CT4 BW they had in stock at MSRP after another local dealer tried to sell us one for $30k over MSRP. Looks like Frank Kent has another CT4 and a CT5 in stock now.

Thank you for this! Basically got told off at the Lincolnwood dealership that no orders til late next year and I should expect to pay $30k over MSRP. Called Patrick and they invited me to come in and order!
The dealers in the area were really a crap shoot. Most wouldn't even let me order saying orders weren't open. Some said there was going to be some guaranteed market adjustment, but wouldn't tell me how much. Some gave actual numbers (15k at the time). Ridiculous.

I don't know how long I'll have to wait, but I can, especially to get it for MSRP. Cadillac said they will make as many orders as they get, so we'll see if that holds up.

The dealers in the area were really a crap shoot. Most wouldn't even let me order saying orders weren't open. Some said there was going to be some guaranteed market adjustment, but wouldn't tell me how much. Some gave actual numbers (15k at the time). Ridiculous.

I don't know how long I'll have to wait, but I can, especially to get it for MSRP. Cadillac said they will make as many orders as they get, so we'll see if that holds up.
Just got back from Patrick Cadillac and we put in my order tonight. Grateful guys like you went through the crap shoot and figured out who to do business with. So this is another ringing endorsement for the Chicagoland crowd to go to Patrick Cadillac.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back