Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dealer called, car is in, but now there is a catch

Unfortunately, pretty common with the dealers selling at MSRP. It's small compared to ADM of most dealerships and you're getting something (ceramic) I suspect you would have wanted anyway. At least thus way you get the advantage of the ceramic being covered same as the new car warranty since it comes with the car from the dealership.

I've said it before.......get everything in writing before you order. Granted, $2500 is a small price to pay since many dealers are list plus ADM. Maybe you can get them to reduce the price or drop it entirely. But I get it. It's principle and they changed the game.

Have they already ceramic coated the car?

Aside from the charge, I'd be super pissed if a dealer did that to an incoming car so I can't get it ppfed. I'd have rather paid $2k over sticker rather than them touching my car. I didn't even let them take the stickers off.

Honestly if it were me I'd rip into them for doing something to my car I did not ask for. Not only would I not pay for it but I'd ask for a discount. Otherwise I'm walking.

Unfortunately, pretty common with the dealers selling at MSRP. It's small compared to ADM of most dealerships and you're getting something (ceramic) I suspect you would have wanted anyway. At least thus way you get the advantage of the ceramic being covered same as the new car warranty since it comes with the car from the dealership.
I wouldn't trust almost any dealership to "ceramic" coat my car. They buy the cheapest product they can and apply it sloppily and without actually correcting the paint first. Waste of money at 99% of places.

That being said, that sucks @Snowwolfe were you going to get any correction / ceramic / PPF done after picking up the car?

Can't do much if you really need the car. I'm sure that they will not budge on it, if they have already gotten the work done. Few weeks back I had similar issue with the Acura Integra that I ordered. After arguing with the sales person and her manager, I just walked away.
Granted Integra is no CT5-BW, none the less I wasn't willing to pay an extra $2k for add-ons that I never agreed to.

Last edited:
I was planning on having the entire front end covered with PPF. They just called me and offered what I consider a very low price for my trade as well. Told them with the low trade price and the extra $2,500 I am walking. Now sales guy is going to “talk to the manager” and call me back

You know you won't be able to PPF the car over ceramic coating.
It might stick for a little while but it will start coming off in a few months.
So if you accept delivery of this car, do so understanding that you won't PPF it as it would be a waste of money.
Most reputable detail shops won't even do it.

It's the car you are ordered, why do they think they can do whatever they want to it before you take delivery of it?

Even if I waited on the car for a long time, I would walk away. They will sell the car with ADM but they won't ever have you become their lifetime customer.

The greed is unreal.

I feel for you man. I would raise hell, this is absurd. And you want PPF on the front end at least, so it would cost a shop more to first strip off the ceramic the dealer adds.

As for the low trade in, that is an unfortunate aspect of needing to trade a car at all towards something so hot like a Blackwing. They are probably thrilled if you walk, because they will start advertising your new 5 at 10k over sticker. It's a shame, but they got you by the cajones on the trade.

Don't bother with the trade there. You'll get way more money and less hassle at Carmax or Carvana. Yes, you won't get the sales tax break, but the higher offer will probably more than make up for it. At a minimum you can use the other offers as negotiating leverage with the dealer, but they seem shady AF anyway so why deal with it.

No rookie buying cars. They upped the trade value by $3k to be where I thought was fair in the beginning. Plus the car came in with the old shipping price ($995).
It still may happen. I was on the fence about spending $3k for PPF as the place that does it is 100 miles away, PITA to drive there and drop it off and have wife follow me.
I’ll let this play out and see what happens

I was planning on having the entire front end covered with PPF. They just called me and offered what I consider a very low price for my trade as well. Told them with the low trade price and the extra $2,500 I am walking. Now sales guy is going to “talk to the manager” and call me back
yup, I got hit with the trade thing too, only about 2k lower than what I was realistically thinking so it wasn't awful but dealers are definitely expecting you to be so ready for the new car at MSRP that you'll just agree to whatever.
Don't bother with the trade there. You'll get way more money and less hassle at Carmax or Carvana. Yes, you won't get the sales tax break, but the higher offer will probably more than make up for it. At a minimum you can use the other offers as negotiating leverage with the dealer, but they seem shady AF anyway so why deal with it.
Carmax and Carvana haven't been strong in trade figures lately. With used prices being inflated every where and dealers offering more for trade, their business model isn't working like it used to.
No rookie buying cars. They upped the trade value by $3k to be where I thought was fair in the beginning. Plus the car came in with the old shipping price ($995).
It still may happen. I was on the fence about spending $3k for PPF as the place that does it is 100 miles away, PITA to drive there and drop it off and have wife follow me.
I’ll let this play out and see what happens
maybe try finding a local place to do the PPF? Offer the dealer $500 to not touch it?

You don’t know me very well, LOL.
When they gave me the first price for my trade I told them the deal was off. I am prepared to wait another year and order a C8 or Jailbreak Charger.
Certainly I don't. I hope you prove me wrong, because the principle of the situation is more important than the car. I got nervous for you when you say things like you don't want to drive 100 miles for your PPF, that is too much of a PITA. Would you prefer the car start getting chipped up instead? Have fun rolling your new Caddy for a nice drive during break-in!

You know it's funny, you and I both ordered last September. My order never got picked up from the local dealer, so I ordered a 2nd at Sewell. I was so far down their order line, but I do think it will soon be picked up as a 23. And I bet the cars are produced and ship a bit quicker this year. At least yours is at the old cost, if you end up taking it. I still think you do.

Guess things happen for the better on the WWW. I just got off the phone with the manager and one or two other guys at Andrews Cadillac. They read my post and wanted to know what they could do to keep me as a happy customer. Explained my disappointment with the upcharge for the ceramic coating.

Discovered there were some facts left out when discussing this with my sales guy. The manager told me the $2,495 would buy me EITHER CC for the entire car or PPF for the front end (fenders, hood, front clip, mirrors, etc.). They use a local detailing shop (Redirect Notice) and told me the guy does a lot of high end cars.
Andrews Cadillac was more than fair offering to work with the shop and have the front end PPF and remaining of the car ceramic coated and paint corrected.

I'm very pleased Andrews reached out to me after reading about my disappointment. I anxiously wait to pick up the car.

Last edited:
Chalk up a rare victory to the interwebs! I'm glad they have sense enough to let a dedicated shop do their ceramic work. Post up some pics once you finally take delivery of that bad boy (or girl)

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back