Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Damage Assessment

Vidarr0311

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing M6
Smoked a buck at 5am. Slammed on brakes like an idiot at 65 in wet weather. Somehow the deer crumpled and entered my lower grill with most of its body. I’m guessing the radiator, secondary radiator, condenser, intercooler, and trans cooler took the brunt of the impact. They’re all bent and punctured. Airbags didn’t deploy, don’t see how? Verified no fluids were leaking and the buck was dead and drove it the 3 miles back home. Filed claim, now waiting.

Attachments

• IMG_2927.jpeg
    IMG_2927.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_2926.jpeg
    IMG_2926.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2928.jpeg
    IMG_2928.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_2929.jpeg
    IMG_2929.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_2933.jpeg
    IMG_2933.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 62
You should buy a lottery ticket because good luck is on your side. Glad you were not hurt. The car can be restored. Human life can’t. I had a similar experience years ago , when a cow jumped a fence (back country road) and landed on the front of the small Toyota I was driving. Cow had to be put down. Car was totaled. I got a new Camaro.

You should buy a lottery ticket because good luck is on your side. Glad you were not hurt. The car can be restored. Human life can’t. I had a similar experience years ago , when a cow jumped a fence (back country road) and landed on the front of the small Toyota I was driving. Cow had to be put down. Car was totaled. I got a new Camaro.
Have never played the lottery, maybe I should. My Durango has 240k miles with the factory windshield! Semper Fi and Happy Holidays!

Roger on the Simper Fi. I was never in the military. But I spent 8 years in the Air Force. B-52. American Airlines was a better deal. With the airline, the only people shooting at you are the occasional jealous husbands.

Roger on the Simper Fi. I was never in the military. But I spent 8 years in the Air Force. B-52. American Airlines was a better deal. With the airline, the only people shooting at you are the occasional jealous husbands.
LOL - I was never in uniform (of any kind) but did 30+ years as a DOD civilian...some of which I was serving on a battlestaff (where I would become military - Lt Col - if we ever went to actual war), I always would joke to (some) Air Force guys (usually Space Command) that I was more military then they were...

So sorry for your loss Vidarr 0311...never good to experience hitting an animal or any damage to a car - particularly a relatively new one.

I had a racoon roll up into my GTI - but only damaged the front spoiler. It was very windy and he was rolling across the road along with a bunch of trash...right and front of me so quick...could have been worse I imagine. Hope yours will be easily fixable.

Sorry to hear about your accident; glad you are ok. Could have been a lot worse.

That is ALOT of damage. You better get your insurance company in on the fix. Just a quick estimate of 6-10 grand, easy. Could have been a total if the airbags went off. Did you get a ticket for hunting without a license ? Are you allowed to keep what you kill ?

Attachments

• Dodge Challenger with deer in grill.jpg
    Dodge Challenger with deer in grill.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 38

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace