Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5V BW exhaust

Very very interesting. If they’re the first to come out with an exhaust I’ll be in line waiting to pick one up!

Yup, Kooks is good quality, have run at least 5 different systems over the last 10+ years!

I spoke to them on the phone a few weeks ago and they confirmed they will have valves. Based on what they said they should be available for order in the next month or two!
Guess I know what to tell my wife what I want for Christmas. :p

I had headers and cat back on my 2006 Jeep GC SRT-8. The catback was SS Works and the headers were Kooks. Both great and sound was phenomenal!!

Currently working with Corsa Performance to Develop a valved cat back exhaust. First meeting was on 3-15-2024.

Attachments

• tempImagebEoJs6.png
    tempImagebEoJs6.png
    14.1 MB · Views: 80
  • tempImagev0mTQi.png
    tempImagev0mTQi.png
    15.2 MB · Views: 70
  • tempImageHcILwC.png
    tempImageHcILwC.png
    13.8 MB · Views: 62
  • tempImagej0Diai.png
    tempImagej0Diai.png
    13.9 MB · Views: 82
Currently working with Corsa Performance to Develop a valved cat back exhaust. First meeting was on 3-15-2024.
This is excellent. I've been a Corsa fan for my other GM vehicles and they've always come through when something wasn't right.

That's awesome. Here's to hoping they give us something good. I used Corsa back on my Mustang GT and loved it.

I hope they design the pipes in a way that will work with the Kooks Headers, though.

So i have the catless kooks longtubes with the factory exhaust, with the valve closed it has a nice growl, with the valves open it is basically a straight pipe. No drone in either mode.

For people with headers is the catback simply for weight reduction? Or is this just a mod for people looking for only a sound increase?

Even with the valves open, stock muffler reduces the sound. My custom bypass mufflers are louder, but not by much.

@A Blackwing - i know its subjective, but how much louder is your car with the headers + stock muffler compared to stock everything ?

Kooks without cats is the only thing left to make mine louder, so I'll probably end up doing it. I hate to pay so much for the tune since all I want is to change some settings that will get throttle response back to where it should have always been.

Even with the valves open, stock muffler reduces the sound. My custom bypass mufflers are louder, but not by much.

@A Blackwing - i know its subjective, but how much louder is your car with the headers + stock muffler compared to stock everything ?

Kooks without cats is the only thing left to make mine louder, so I'll probably end up doing it. I hate to pay so much for the tune since all I want is to change some settings that will get throttle response back to where it should have always been.
It is insanely loud with catless headers and valves open on stock exhaust, plus the headers make it louder AND add power remove heat.

It is insanely loud with catless headers and valves open on stock exhaust, plus the headers make it louder AND add power remove heat.

:)

So with my truly open pipes it really will be insanely loud. :)

I'm considering it since I still have the valves and can calm things down when necessary. I can hardly wait..........

You need to tune with headers though and to remove CEL, correct?

I do wish the 5BW exhaust was a bit more nasty like the Escalade V. It's almost 'refined' even though it does have a good tone and decent volume OUTSIDE of the vehicle.
I agree with your assessment. The reason they were able to make the Escalade V louder was because there are different standards for the exhaust from cars than there is for the exhaust from "trucks" like the Escalade.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back