Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5V BW exhaust

d0wnShifT

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
Has anyone installed a new exhaust yet? Would like something louder that still maintins the different sound modes.

Look for my post many months ago. I put cut outs in front of the muffler. Cheap. Sounds amazing when wide open. I put washers as spacers under the block off plate for day to day. Then it’s loud but not too overwhelming. These are not electric valves. I just used cutouts.

Sorry this does not maintain the different sound modes, which are due to valves inside the muffler.

Look for my post many months ago. I put cut outs in front of the muffler. Cheap. Sounds amazing when wide open. I put washers as spacers under the block off plate for day to day. Then it’s loud but not too overwhelming. These are not electric valves. I just used cutouts.
Where do you put the washers? Do you mean adding washers on the cutouts or the stock exhaust?

The cut outs have a block off plate to cap Them off. The washers go under the plate to space it open a fraction of an inch to make some more noise. I’m sorry I don’t have an easy link, but there is a posting from me from about six or eight months ago that shows pictures and the description of it. I give two thumbs up to the exhaust sound.

I called Borla and they do not know if they are going to do an exhaust for this car because of the limited production run.

I called Borla and they do not know if they are going to do an exhaust for this car because of the limited production run.
This is what scares me. Don't mind waiting a bit but really hoping a big time manufacturer eventually does come out with one because you can't match that level of QA/QC

This is what scares me. Don't mind waiting a bit but really hoping a big time manufacturer eventually does come out with one because you can't match that level of QA/QC
Corsa also stated they're not planning on any exhaust or intake system for it as well.

Damn, not good. Anyone ever have a custom exhaust made?

well, here is what I did

well, here is what I did
I'm not brave enough to do cutouts but that does sound good!

I do wish the 5BW exhaust was a bit more nasty like the Escalade V. It's almost 'refined' even though it does have a good tone and decent volume OUTSIDE of the vehicle.

i am thrilled with the sound of the cutouts in this car just perfect for me. can modulate sound by spacing them. wide open at track was awesome too

Wow that sounds perfect! Is kooks good quality? Never heard of em

I had their headers on my CTSV1 and they were great. Haven’t tried a catback but they are a reputable brand. I would use them again

Wow that sounds perfect! Is kooks good quality? Never heard of em
They are known as one of the top tier names. It's my understending that they are former employees from (ARH) American Racing Headers.

I have Kook's long tubes on my C6 ZR1 and they are awesome. With 15psi and full throttle with stock exhaust (flaps open), it creates an amazing banshee wail at full throttle.

I'd definitely do Kooks long-tubes on my 5BW if they didn't mess up any warranties (i.e. require a tune).

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners