Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Blackwing wheel gap

sandstrs

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2018 CTS-V (sold), 2022 CT5-V Blackwing #34
Just curious and will know more when I see one in person, but doesn't the wheel gap in the CT5-v Blackwing look more than the CTS-V? my 2018 CTS-V (all stock) has very little wheel gap and it looks great. maybe the pictures make it hard to tell.
1615322632928.png
2022-Cadillac-CT5-V-Blackwing-Carbon-Fiber-Aero-Package-Exterior-002-front-three-quarters-1520...jpg
1615322632928.png

I've noticed this too, although the rear wheel gap looks ok. The front needs some help. I'm wondering if the shape of the wheel opening is causing it to look higher. That was the case on my prior STi.

I don't know if this helps or is even the same but here is my 2020 CT5-V...

Attachments

• IMG_1832.JPG
    IMG_1832.JPG
    971.8 KB · Views: 202
158635462_934734197343313_1251986171351288089_n.jpg

just lower it with aftermarket springs and throw a really nice set of HRE 20" wheels...hahaha my buddy's sloppy photoshop rendering for me.

Maybe it's just me but why would you lower the car and mess up the geometry?
you're not messing up the geometry if you do it correctly. Granted, to do it correctly means spending a good deal of money in parts and labor if you don't know how to do it yourself. This is a picture of my ZL1 Camaro that I lowered using the factory mag ride shocks along with lowering springs and a full host of BMR trailing, toe, and control arms to completely dial in the performance and handling of the car. Unfortunately GM still uses flimsy stamped steel suspension arms and very soft rubber bushings to give their cars a softer more "compliant" ride. That doesn't transfer over well to high performance driving.
BE627BC8-62A2-4CCC-B438-54AE9AC73D6E.jpeg

you're not messing up the geometry if you do it correctly. Granted, to do it correctly means spending a good deal of money in parts and labor if you don't know how to do it yourself. This is a picture of my ZL1 Camaro that I lowered using the factory mag ride shocks along with lowering springs and a full host of BMR trailing, toe, and control arms to completely dial in the performance and handling of the car. Unfortunately GM still uses flimsy stamped steel suspension arms and very soft rubber bushings to give their cars a softer more "compliant" ride. That doesn't transfer over well to high performance driving. View attachment 3103
Sweet ride!

sorry to thread jack hahaha @sandstrs...I completely agree though, the initial roll out pictures are showing the car with a pretty poor stance. my V3 was never lowered and sits just about perfect for my taste. I saw in the digital brochure that the car looks a bit lower so at this point who really knows what we are going to get come production time. I'm very much hoping that it does have a similar stance to the V3's
Screen Shot 2021-03-13 at 12.41.59 PM.png

also something that I just thought about...the preproduction models that they displayed could very well have the shipping spacers in the front springs. They may have forgotten to take them out ;shrug

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back