Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Blackwing Performance Mods and Numbers

I just saw that DSX tunning is offering an AUX pump for the blackwing with harness and etc. Looks tempting to keep lowside in check. May be enough to run ethanol tunes.

I'm really trying to avoid drilling my tank and would love a simple in-tank pump that can flow better.

I just saw that DSX tunning is offering an AUX pump for the blackwing with harness and etc. Looks tempting to keep lowside in check. May be enough to run ethanol tunes.

I'm really trying to avoid drilling my tank and would love a simple in-tank pump that can flow better.
Doesn't Katech already offer one?

That Katech module might fit but it probably won't work--the CT4-V and CT5-V have a different bucket inlets and outlets than the ATS-V and CTS-V3. The real mystery is that section with the black dome-shaped lid.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

Last edited:
not a lot of add ons!
Cam
full cooling system upgrade
full fuel system upgrade
intake
upper and lower pulleys
ported blower
header and catback
103mm TB

only one of these statements can be true.

G80 M3s are running mid 9s on the street with downpipe, port injection and tune only, 2 add ons, thats not a lot.

Cam
full fuel system upgrade
intake
upper and lower pulleys
ported blower
header and catback
103mm TB

G80 M3s are running mid 9s on the street with downpipe, port injection and tune only, 2 add ons, thats not a lot.
This one just has a LID, Headers, Ported Blower, and Thorttle body To my knowledge.

Cam
full fuel system upgrade
intake
upper and lower pulleys
ported blower
header and catback
103mm TB

You must have not even watched the video.

9s on the street? As opposed to what, off the street? Lolz.

It goes without saying a Turbo car is much easier to modify and put out more power with less modifications.

9.93 @138mph
Upper & Lower pulleys
Meth
E50 Tune
Ported Blower
103mm TB

Pretty sure that’s the build sheet for the 5th gen he puts on the dyno next. It would be weird for a LT4 to have ID1050 injectors.

edit: autocorrect fix

I made it simple, click this. has the mods I said. that screenshot you showed is from a Camaro.

Pretty sure that’s the build sheet for the 5th gen he puts on the dyno next. It would be weird for a LT4 to have ID1050 injectors.

edit: autocorrect fix
and a 5 inch intake and V has white interior.

This seems like kinda a huge deal.

If we can make intake mods (ported blower, TB, CAI) and exhaust mods that leave cats in place (headers, NPP exhaust) without a tune, that's a game changer. How is a dealership going to spot a ported blower? They would be hard pressed to spot a changed throttle body.

While the enthusiast community lamented Global B was 'untunable', I don't think any of us realized we could do bolt-ons without a tune because OEM ECU and OEM Wideband can handle them.
Pretty old post.

As you obviously know they locked the encryption down because they did not want the liability should we start making changes. With that being said, there is no reason why they can not develop an OS that can incorporate very large or at least moderate changes in torque/airflow...etc, which would keep all the safety and regulatory controls intact. Of course that would put a part of the business out to pasture, but not all.

So far we've got the following figured out and/or on the way: air filters, throttle body, ported supercharger, smaller/better supercharger pulley, colder spark plugs, headers, cat-back exhaust system, WOT Box, DTC Assassin and lithium battery.

Not a bad start...
So technically how much different are the tables or the approach from the older ECM's. For instance an E98?

Is it a completely different approach? I haven't tried pulling the stock tune since I had to immediately leave town on a business trip.

Pretty old post.

As you obviously know they locked the encryption down because they did not want the liability should we start making changes. With that being said, there is no reason why they can not develop an OS that can incorporate very large or at least moderate changes in torque/airflow...etc, which would keep all the safety and regulatory controls intact. Of course that would put a part of the business out to pasture, but not all.
HPTuners can unlock these ECUs and TCMs. Time to see who can make the most power.

We've done a bunch of these already. Installing the Kong stage X ported supercharger and larger throttle body typically boosts power as follows:

• 615 whp totally stock on 93-octane pump gas (9 psi boost)

• 645 whp with Kong ported supercharger and 2.50” pulley on 93-octane pump gas (12 psi boost)
• 665 whp with Kong ported supercharger and 2.30” pulley on 93-octane pump gas (14 psi boost)
• 675 whp with Kong ported supercharger and 2.18” pulley on 93-octane pump gas (15 psi boost)

• 740 whp with Kong ported supercharger, GPI camshaft package and 2.50” pulley on 93-octane pump gas (12 psi boost)
• 760 whp with Kong ported supercharger, GPI camshaft package and 2.30” pulley on 93-octane pump gas (14 psi boost)
• 770 whp with Kong ported supercharger, GPI camshaft package and 2.18” pulley on 93-octane pump gas (15 psi boost)

• 810 whp running Kong ported supercharger and GPI camshaft package with 2.18” pulley on E62 fuel (15 psi boost)

Please note that all our dyno numbers use the industry standard SAE correction factor. Others often use STD correction factor, which adds 2% to the numbers above.

HPTuners can unlock these ECUs and TCMs. Time to see who can make the most power.
I might get mine ulocked just so I can tune it down the road if I decide to add anything. Everybody wants to lock their tunes, and for what it costs now days, is nothing less than a total ripoff.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back