Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5 Tier 2 vs Tier 3 interior

A couple of last questions for you guys with the tier 2 interior:

Do the seats have cooling or only heat?
Is your headliner suede?

Thanks guys.

A couple of last questions for you guys with the tier 2 interior:

Do the seats have cooling or only heat?
Is your headliner suede?

Thanks guys.
They have both and I believe Headliner is Suede as well since there is no option for an upgraded interior (unlike CT4-BW)

As per an email from my dealer, looks like all highest grade seats are at constraint due to CF backs. So if you want to see your car sometime this year, it is best to downgrade to mid or lower level seats. I will most likely be downgrading to mid-level as I don't care about CF but would have preferred higher grade leather.

I wonder if the CF seat backs are as constrained as the exterior CF pieces? Anyone know? Clearly GM is able to get the CF for the door trim and steering wheel - those don't seem to be constrained. Yet, they are constrained on the exterior pieces and (maybe) the seat backs. Weird. I wonder if going with the tier-2 seats (i.e. no CF back) will help my order move up faster. I really would love the Tier 3 seats but if it holds up the order, I may just have to take them off. Too bad GM isn't offering a CF seat back retrofit though I bet some aftermarket place will come up with one soon.

Interior CF trim pieces are small. Much easier to produce vs a splitter/rear wing or rear seat backs. If you want a car in ‘22, you’re going to have to drop CF seats, CF1 & CF2 exterior packages.

As per an email from my dealer, looks like all highest grade seats are at constraint due to CF backs. So if you want to see your car sometime this year, it is best to downgrade to mid or lower level seats. I will most likely be downgrading to mid-level as I don't care about CF but would have preferred higher grade leather.
same here - too bad they didn't offer that option (high-grade with no CF)

Interior CF trim pieces are small. Much easier to produce vs a splitter/rear wing or rear seat backs. If you want a car in ‘22, you’re going to have to drop CF seats, CF1 & CF2 exterior packages.
That's what I've been told by the dealer. If I drop all CF bits, I can get allocation soon. If I want to keep it all, there is no saying when the order will be accepted.

Yes, ALL CF is on constraint.....CF1, CF2 and carbon backed seats. If you don't drop CF, odds are your order will not get picked up. Some one had mentioned CF will be on constraint for the rest of 2022MY.

In my opinion the price of carbon fiber went up so high that they were gonna take a bath on it as so many of us had ordered it. They’re stockpiling it for a 23 model year as they can increase the price, how much more they can charge for it who knows at almost 10 grand for both packages that’s already pretty steep. I’m actually glad I had to cancel it now I don’t have to worry about it! And presumablyI’ll get my car sometime this summer.

Last edited:
Another thought is to limit the CF so they have more for 2023. Also, some one floated the idea they may keep the "expensive" seats as an option for maybe $4000-4500 and then make carbon back a stand alone option for $2000-2500 that they could put on constraint as needed...or permanently.

Another thought is to limit the CF so they have more for 2023. Also, some one floated the idea they may keep the "expensive" seats as an option for maybe $4000-4500 and then make carbon back a stand alone option for $2000-2500 that they could put on constraint as needed...or permanently.
Breaking up the CF seats into two options would be a good move.

Reviving this thread,

Now that many of us have had more time, miles and wear on the seats. I'm on the fence about the tier I want to go with and the color. Regarding the 5BW's top Semi Aniline Leather with Sky Cool Grey and Natural Brown Leather, along with the Mid Tier Aniline Leather in Sky Cool grey....How has it been holding up, any wear from cleaning or marks that won't come off?

I wear Jeans daily, and in my experience the less product used on seats the better the coating holds. I've had the best luck just using a damp cloth to wipe down seats. How well has that worked for those of you with the Grey and Tan seats and has the blue from your pants transferred and left stains?

I had a nightmare experience with cream Nappa leather on my Volvo, within 15 months of ownership the leather started to wear, blue die would get caught in the fine cracks and dirt and grime would not come off even with the Volvo leather cleaning kit used monthly. GM does not sell their own conditioners or cleaners, only Adams leather conditioner which i applied a handful of times to my mid tier Black seats.

Regarding the material choices, I don't want to paint myself in a corner 10 years down the road.

I've got 2 years on mine (well, in a couple of weeks)
Mid level Sky Cool Grey. Daily driver, about 1.5 hours of seat time per day. 13k miles.

Initially I was very worried about dye transfer. I used 303 leather complete care on it weekly (or at least every other week). I haven't cleaned the seats in probably 4+ months now. They look totally fine.

For sure there is dye transfer. Very obvious when using the cleaner (comes up on a white towel). But so far they look practically as good as new.

Impromptu photo attached!

Attachments

• PXL_20231011_230238198.jpg
    PXL_20231011_230238198.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 69
Last edited:
My 997.2 911 sand beige brown seats would get blue jeans dye on them a bit as well. It cleaned off easily though. I have the mid tier seats in my BW4 and I’m not seeing any dye transfer.

more questions:

for those of you who have sat in the mid tier seats vs the top tier seats are the top tier seats really that much more comfortable or is the material softer to the touch and the seat cushions are the same feel in the seat?

I had mid tier seats in 5BW and while they were comfortable, after about 2 or 3 hours the bottom cushion would be fatiguing to my lower back. I can afford either one, but in some cases of availability and constraints I may be able to save as much as $10k by going with a cheaper build in the mid tier seat.

I Plan to roadtrip this car and put about 6k miles on it yearly, I'd like to gather thoughts from ya'll.

Last edited:
more questions:

for those of you who have sat in the mid tier seats vs the top tier seats are the top tier seats really that much more comfortable or is the material softer to the touch and the seat cushions are the same feel in the seat?

I had mid tier seats in 5BW and while they were comfortable, after about 2 or 3 hours the bottom cushion would be fatiguing to my lower back. I can afford either one, but in some cases of availability and constraints I may be able to save as much as $10k by going with a cheaper build in the mid tier seat.

I Plan to roadtrip this car and put about 6k miles on it yearly, I'd like to gather thoughts from ya'll.
It will largely depend on your body type and physical condition. I hope you’re not one of those people that keeps your wallet in their back pocket.

more questions:

The base seats are super comfortable so you may consider that as well...

It will largely depend on your body type and physical condition. I hope you’re not one of those people that keeps your wallet in their back pocket.
Physically, I'm in decent shape but my lower back got messed up in my early 30s from weight lifting, sports and people always asked me to help them move. Every once in a while my back goes to shit, and sometimes I can't figure out why but I can't imagine it getting any better with age.

I definitely don't sit on my wallet, I switched to a money clip front pocket years ago for that reason. I really do think the mid seats are very supportive and comfortable, especially for a normal person who lifts with their back knees instead of their knees back.

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners