Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5 BW near Richmond VA

AlBinRVA

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT5 V Blackwing
Here's a long shot, but....

I have a 22 CT 5 BW on order and after seeing the comments here plus getting info from the dealer, I will more than likely NOT get what I ordered. No surprise there.

That said, for the first time in my life I ordered a 6 figure car without ever seeing, touching, sitting in one. To this day, I have not seen one in the wild which brings me to the title of this thread.

Is there anyone nearby who has one that I could see? I am willing to travel a reasonable distance.

Thanks

Al

Awesome idea! I was able to see, sit in, start up, and rev a 4BW at my local dealer and that really helped me pull the trigger. I was having a hard time before that. Hope you get someone to help ease your mind!!

I have a 22 CT 5 BW on order and after seeing the comments here plus getting info from the dealer, I will more than likely NOT get what I ordered. No surprise there.

That said, for the first time in my life I ordered a 6 figure car without ever seeing, touching, sitting in one. To this day, I have not seen one in the wild which brings me to the title of this thread.

Is there anyone nearby who has one that I could see? I am willing to travel a reasonable distance.

Thanks

Al
I’m in northern VA and have a 5BW. I’d be happy to show it if you’re in the area.

Thanks

Al
When I called the dealer that I bought mine from, I told them that I wanted to see one in person before i bought it. I had to wait like 2 weeks for it to arrive then I went to check it out. I would have never bought one had I had seen it in person. I wouldve just went and bought an audi or something idk.

A first for me as well. Ordered a 5BW without ever seeing one in person. But then again who knows if I will actually get a car so I’m not concerned.

When I missed the first 250 5BW by a minute (there were still a few 4s left) in Feb 21, we headed to our local dealer to look out a 5. They had a V there, so we were able to check out the overall size, interior, build quality, seats, etc. and well, we didn't like it LOL. We have had Audis, BMWs and Volvos and the overall interior design (which is what matters most to us) of the Caddy was just eh, at best. We sleep on it.... first half of the night was all about how bad the dash design is - - could there be any more seams and textures, when is the next gen redesign due, etc. It's the exact opposite of a SPA Volvo and their clean Swedish design language. Anyway, the second half of the night was like wait, WTF, who cares and I couldn't sleep dreaming of the LT4 and 6 speed. The enthusiasts prevailed.

I was researching the Blackwings before they were "cool" and saw one in person back in May of 21 before I even ordered mine.......

Attachments

• D300A01E-4B56-4D13-9FB4-54877A25D611.JPG
    D300A01E-4B56-4D13-9FB4-54877A25D611.JPG
    707.7 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_2919.jpg
    IMG_2919.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 103
Anyway, the second half of the night was like wait, WTF, who cares and I couldn't sleep dreaming of the LT4 and 6 speed. The enthusiasts prevailed.
Without seeing one in person, I already know I’ll be giving up a lot with the BW interior and tech compared to my Mercedes. I wouldn’t even consider the switch except for the V8 and 6-spd. I was initially thinking S580 until I started watching those damn 5 BW YouTube videos. The S580 is a great car, just too boring.

When I called the dealer that I bought mine from, I told them that I wanted to see one in person before i bought it. I had to wait like 2 weeks for it to arrive then I went to check it out. I would have never bought one had I had seen it in person. I wouldve just went and bought an audi or something idk.
Did you sell it then?

I went and checked out a base CT4 and CT5 before buying mine. The interiors are largely the same except for the seats and a few bits of carbon fiber. Personally, I think you can get a good feel for the size and basic mechanics (HVAC, infotainment, cabin features) of both of the cars at your local Cadillac dealership, without having to drive far to check out an actual BW.

I have sat is a non BW CT5 so I am somewhat familiar with the interior look, room, etc. The seats are different in the BW and I want to see how heavy they are bolstered even with adjustment. Thanks

Keep in mind that it’s not a given that you will even be able to get one. If you have doubts about the car being right for you, watch more YouTube videos

I just saw my first live BW this AM (black 4 with CF)! Pulling out in front of me in my neighborhood. After tapping my horn and flashing my lights at him to no avail. I caught him at the light and got out and approached him and just said while grinning "I have a 5 on order... this is the first one I've seen" as the light turned green and I ran back to my car he gave an approving nod and I even caught a hint that he turned up the exhaust for me to hear (he had respectfully kept it quiet in the neighborhood at 630am). Grinned the whole way to work... I'm such a geeky fan boy.

I just saw my first live BW this AM (black 4 with CF)! Pulling out in front of me in my neighborhood. After tapping my horn and flashing my lights at him to no avail. I caught him at the light and got out and approached him and just said while grinning "I have a 5 on order... this is the first one I've seen" as the light turned green and I ran back to my car he gave an approving nod and I even caught a hint that he turned up the exhaust for me to hear (he had respectfully kept it quiet in the neighborhood at 630am). Grinned the whole way to work... I'm such a geeky fan boy.
^^^Post the police report when you can^^^

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners