Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

ct4 v blackwing rear wing

LOL, OK not for Rock Chips then.
If one did every other panel, I guess they'd want the trunk too.
I'd be reluctant to pull the Trunk Emblems & Spoiler though.
Still deciding how much (if any) to do on mine....
Don’t procrastinate too long or, you’ll get a rock chip that you’ll regret.

LOL, OK not for Rock Chips then.
If one did every other panel, I guess they'd want the trunk too.
I'd be reluctant to pull the Trunk Emblems & Spoiler though.
Still deciding how much (if any) to do on mine....
I did full PPF and ceramic and don't regret it at all......A good shop will pull a lot of parts to do it RIGHT.......You could look at my car and not notice anything was removed to include emblems, mirrors, door handles, spoiler, splitter, etc....... If that bothers you I would suggest not doing it, because if you use some jackleg shop you will probably regret it... It took my guy like 8 days to do my car...

I did full PPF and ceramic and don't regret it at all......A good shop will pull a lot of parts to do it RIGHT.......You could look at my car and not notice anything was removed to include emblems, mirrors, door handles, spoiler, splitter, etc....... If that bothers you I would suggest not doing it, because if you use some jackleg shop you will probably regret it... It took my guy like 8 days to do my car...
Steve, you live up in the Fort Worth/Dallas area, right? Who did you go to to get the PPF and ceramic done? Will be looking to get at least the front half of the car done once I take delivery and I live in Fort Worth. Need to find someone reputable. Also, what price point would I be looking at?

Early on in my SS's life someone appears to have used my trunklid to set their grocery bag on while they dug out their keys or something... Probably a standard paper sack loaded with something fairly heavy. Nice set of swirl marks in the clearcoat that are just deep enough to never quite go away, even with a fresh wax.

Don’t procrastinate too long or, you’ll get a rock chip that you’ll regret.
Just got quoted $950 for only HeadLights & Windshield.
Looking for another shop, seems like they're trying to rip me off.
This shop wasn't anything special either ( I bet nobody on here ever heard of them).

Just got quoted $950 for only HeadLights & Windshield.
Looking for another shop, seems like they're trying to rip me off.
This shop wasn't anything special either ( I bet nobody on here ever heard of them).
That does seem like a lot even taking into account that the product that they use on the windshield is not regular PPF.

Steve, you live up in the Fort Worth/Dallas area, right? Who did you go to to get the PPF and ceramic done? Will be looking to get at least the front half of the car done once I take delivery and I live in Fort Worth. Need to find someone reputable. Also, what price point would I be looking at?
I live in Garland which is a suburb of Dallas.. NTX Clear Bra did my PPF and Drive Auto Appearance did my Ceramic coating.. They work together out of two shop to complete the job.... My cost was $7800.00, and that was wash, full paint correction, PPF, Ceramic coating, Ceramic window tint, complete wheels, brake calipers.... Nothing was left off this detail job..

Attachments

• IMG_3316.jpg
    IMG_3316.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 116
I live in Garland which is a suburb of Dallas.. NTX Clear Bra did my PPF and Drive Auto Appearance did my Ceramic coating.. They work together out of two shop to complete the job.... My cost was $7800.00, and that was wash, full paint correction, PPF, Ceramic coating, Ceramic window tint, complete wheels, brake calipers.... Nothing was left off this detail job..
Ive paid $9k for all of this in Austin. They used xpel stealth which is the matte ppf and I believe that is a bit more expensive then the typical clear ppf

Ive paid $9k for all of this in Austin. They used xpel stealth which is the matte ppf and I believe that is a bit more expensive then the typical clear ppf
How did the xpel stealth work out?
I'm considering it, but I've been warned that it stains easy (oily substances, waxes etc..)?

I'm considering it, but I've been warned that it stains easy (oily substances, waxes etc..)?
I'll get the car back from installer on thurs and let you know. hadnt heard about the staining issues. but the ppf will be ceramic coated so hopefully makes it easy to clean and maintain.

Hey Steve what did you end up getting for your trade on the CT5V?

overall it looks great. the matte/stealth ppf from straight on does not affect the look of the paint. It doesn't look as nice from angles though. I'm glad its protected and time will tell if any stains but I will share some pics of before and after and see if you can tell the difference.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back