Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V Blackwing Purple Belt Performance Package

WONT TAP

Seasoned Member
Supporting Vendor
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2016 ATS-V A8, 2018 ATS-V M6, 2022 CT4-V Blackwing A10
This week we installed our first production Purple Belt Performance Package on Kaylee and Jonathan's CT4-V Blackwing.

This setup starts with Blue Belt, and adds a Tapout fuel cam, ProMeth methanol injection, Tapout tuning module and Aeroforce scan gauge, in order to produce 600 or more whp. You can run 93-octane plus methanol injection, or E30 fuel plus methanol injection. However, you will NOT be able to run E30 on the CT4-V Blackwings without adding methanol injection.

Using our soon to be released Tapout Tuning module, we are able to produce a much smoother powerband than any other tuning device for these cars. Seven different calibration maps are stored, and can easily be switched on the fly in just a few seconds using the no charge cell phone app. Here were the final results for this car:
  • OEM baseline = 426 whp on 93-octane
  • P1 = 445 whp on 93-octane
  • P2 = 500 whp on 93-octane
  • P3 = 510 whp on 93-octane
  • P4 = 520 whp on 93-octane
  • P5 = 584 whp on 93-octane with methanol injection
  • P6 = 599 whp on 93-octane with methanol injection
  • P7 = 619 whp on 93-octane with methanol injection
Jonathan Browning - 619 whp.png

Tuningbox1.png

Kaylee and Jonathan now have the most powerful CT4-V Blackwing in the world, except for our flagship car.

CT4-V Blackwing Dyno Rankings - Tapout Tuning

Pricing for all parts is in the $6,000 to 7,000 range, or $10,000 to $12,000 installed and tuned, depending on options selected. If you’d like a quote, please email us at Sales@TapoutTuning.com.

Please note that the CT4-V Purple Belt Performance Package is only available for local installations with custom tuning. At some point in the future, once we accumulate enough data points, we will start offering this performance package for shipment.

Last edited:
When are you releasing the tuning module? Spring's coming and I have an itch..

Can the tuning module be used by itself and installed away from the shop or do y’all have to tune it on a dyno?

When are you releasing the tuning module? Spring's coming and I have an itch..
These are available now for local installations with custom tuning. At some point in the future, once we accumulate enough data points, we will start offering these tuning modules for shipment.

Can the tuning module be used by itself and installed away from the shop or do y’all have to tune it on a dyno?
At this time, we are only offering these tuning modules for local installations with custom tuning. At some point in the future, once we accumulate enough data points, we will start offering them for shipment.

I haven't said much in the forums since getting the purple belt installed. I wanted to experience it for a while. However, I have to say now that this thing rips! I find refilling the meth tank to be way more convenient (and cheaper) than using boostane like I was before. Scott and I have worked through a couple of things together (as you do with a new product) but he is always very responsive, often responding within minutes whether its late at night or on the weekend. Really impressed with the newfound power and looking forward to what Tapout comes up with next!

Whose meth injection kit do they use or is it all through the new module? I used an aem controller and pro meth pump and nozzles with the setup on my mustang and was pretty happy with it.

Its a prometh kit with a snow controller. Custom tank in the trunk and nozzles going into the intake pipes on each side. I have been really happy with it! Very clean install, no issues, easy to change settings, monitor boost, and refill when needed.

Attachments

• IMG_2947.JPG
    IMG_2947.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 61
Yeah that all looks familiar. Lol. Any shots of the nozzles under the hood? Also are you running water/meth mix or straight meth? I played around but it made more power straight meth so I only threw water in on the street for dd

Yeah that all looks familiar. Lol. Any shots of the nozzles under the hood? Also are you running water/meth mix or straight meth? I played around but it made more power straight meth so I only threw water in on the street for dd
This is the only one I have handy. Driver side nozzle.

Attachments

• IMG_2946.JPG
    IMG_2946.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 71

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace