Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V Blackwing FAQs

WONT TAP

Seasoned Member
Supporting Vendor
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2016 ATS-V A8, 2018 ATS-V M6, 2022 CT4-V Blackwing A10
We've learned so much in our first year working with the CT4-V Blackwings. Here are some FAQs that you might find to be interesting and informative.

CT4-V Blackwing FAQs

Last edited:
Excellent FAQ page. The most informative and real world fact based one I have seen on any product. As a 69 year old that went from a Gen 4 Viper ACR daily driver for 5 years to a 4 BW 6M you have my interest.

Pardon my ignorance..

The ECM isn't directly measuring torque, its calculating it from inlet airflow, pressure, temperature, fuel flow, EGT, O2, etc. Can you intercept those signals to make the computer think its producing less torque than it is, or does that screw up other things downstream like the fuel air ratio, transmission settings, timings, etc? Maybe this is just the other side of the same coin...

Thanks for putting the FAQ together; nice to have the fluid specs, lug nut torques, etc all in one place.

Pardon my ignorance..

The ECM isn't directly measuring torque, its calculating it from inlet airflow, pressure, temperature, fuel flow, EGT, O2, etc. Can you intercept those signals to make the computer think its producing less torque than it is, or does that screw up other things downstream like the fuel air ratio, transmission settings, timings, etc? Maybe this is just the other side of the same coin...

Thanks for putting the FAQ together; nice to have the fluid specs, lug nut torques, etc all in one place.
Yes, you're exactly right. The ECM calculates torque based on airflow and many other factors.

And yes, that's exactly how we are tuning these cars, by simultaneously intercepting and modifying several sensor signals before they reach the ECM. This approach convinces the ECM it isn't meeting it's torque target, so it increases commanded boost (WGDC).

Jumping on the gratitude train. Thank you guys for everything you do. Haven’t received my car yet but hope to be working with Tapout next year!

Thank You So Much GIF by euphoria

Last edited:
Very nicely put together FAQ, I'm a lame OEM what I bought kinda guy, but I found at even a general learn about my car level that was super informative, especially around the cooling. thanks! 🤓
I may be misremembering but wasn't there some talk of Dexos 2 a while back?

Re: this line item from the FAQ...
  • Engine oil: ACDelco dexos1 full synthetic, 5w30 (7.0 quarts with filter)
Edit - Dexos1 Gen2, was where the '2' was coming from.

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners