Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

(CT4 V blackwing) Buyback or keep it?

Keep car(with warranty incentives) or order a new one

• Keep current car

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Order a new one

Votes: 15 68.2%

• Total voters
This is precisely what I'm getting at! That sucks that he waited all that time and may end up having to start all over again. Since savethemanual pointed out that we have similar build dates, I am now very nervous about mine. I completely understand the unpredictability of the goat rodeo but intuition is telling me there is an issue. If that's the case I wish they would be more transparent.
Who knows, but it's likely just a CYA/PITA prevention move.
They maybe 99% certain it's fixed, but this is simply the easier route... just don't send it to Spring Mountain :LOL:

It's too base optioned for that I know lol. Another wait sucks OP no doubt, but it is nice they are offering it up. You'll be back rowing through the awesome gearbox at some point either way!

... we have similar build dates, I am now very nervous about mine. I completely understand the unpredictability of the goat rodeo but intuition is telling me there is an issue.

Dood. You are freaking out more than me - and I was freaking out about snowflakes touching my car, LOL.

Nadnerb spun a bearing in his 5BW. There are thousands of other 5BWs that have not had that problem. savethemanual had a nick in a wire. That's it. It has been identified and fixed. There are thousands of 4BWs out there that don't have the same problem.

Cadillac almost certainly reached out because he qualifies for a Lemon Law buyback. That's it. No nefarious plots to cover up catastrophic manufacturing problems.

I know from personal experience that this is the part of the rodeo where one can go nuts because your brain makes up stuff to fill the information void.

Take a breath. It will be OK.

Seems the severity of the issue has prompt GM to not have egg on their face.

I would take the deal, piece of mind is priceless

Dood. You are freaking out more than me - and I was freaking out about snowflakes touching my car, LOL.

Nadnerb spun a bearing in his 5BW. There are thousands of other 5BWs that have not had that problem. savethemanual had a nick in a wire. That's it. It has been identified and fixed. There are thousands of 4BWs out there that don't have the same problem.

Cadillac almost certainly reached out because he qualifies for a Lemon Law buyback. That's it. No nefarious plots to cover up catastrophic manufacturing problems.

I know from personal experience that this is the part of the rodeo where one can go nuts because your brain makes up stuff to fill the information void.

Take a breath. It will be OK.
I hope you're right and I have nothing to worry about. I know from personal experience though that auto manufacturers are normally reluctant to settle lemon law claims. I just find it suspect that they are offering a buy back when the vehicle has supposedly been repaired.

I think in this case the quick offer has to do more with being a CA car. It’s very easy to claim Lemon Law on a CA car, which the manufacture does not want as it will have a branded title. It’s better for the manufacture to buy it back and resell it at a discount.
Exactly what I was thinking. CA has very generous lemon laws. I heard years ago, some folks who were behind in payments actually made stuff up so that their cars would get lemoned and they were out. I'm sure GM might think it's better to offer a buyback then have a lemon car against them.

Keep the car, unless there's options you are missing or the colours wrong I'd keep it.

You had a problem, warranty fixed it. A buyback is neat but you'd be starting the rodeo all over again.

If you like your car and its fixed, keep it.

Decided to go ahead with buyback. Still don’t have details on how replacement works(ordering, wait time etc)

I’ll know more next week hopefully. If it’s going to be a long wait j might be looking at other options. 😭
Can't say I blame you

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners