Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Ct4 v Blackwing air filter install

Bigfx

Seasoned Member
Hey everyone just wanted to give a quick heads up, I just put in the green high performance air filters that I ordered from @WONT TAP. To replace the filters you need to remove all the screws holding the lid, and there was perhaps one person who didn’t realize there is one screw in the middle of the lid located in the plastic recesses. This one screw could if not noticed, make you question you mechanical abilities and perhaps you sanity. Once all the screws are removed super easy to do detach the intake tubes for more wiggle room and I went ahead and took plastic cover towards the front of the engine. The filters are high quality and I haven’t had a chance to drive with them yet but glad I got em. Stay tuned for a jb4 install right up.

Yes, there are 10 or 11 screws around the perimeter, plus one hidden right in the middle of the lid.

I installed them yesterday too. I don't know why Cadillac needed 13 screws to open the air box :hb. Way overkill! 2 were a bit of a pain in the back corners as they were directly under the air tubes.

The green filters looked good though and fit nicely (y)

Just did mine. You need to remove the two MAF sensor connectors and unclip from the top of the airbox, loosen and and push back the two flexible intake hoses, with the hoses pushed to the side you can get to the two screws under them much easier. Here is a trick, only back out the screws until you can just see the thread of the screw out of the top. Do not remove the screws all the way.

Push the cover to one side and lift the front corner above the black suspension support then do the other side. Remove to the front at an angle, comes right out and installs the same way.

IMG_5015.jpg

IMG_5016.jpg

Just did mine. You need to remove the two MAF sensor connectors and unclip from the top of the airbox, loosen and and push back the two flexible intake hoses, with the hoses pushed to the side you can get to the two screws under them much easier. Here is a trick, only back out the screws until you can just see the thread of the screw out of the top. Do not remove the screws all the way.

Push the cover to one side and lift the front corner above the black suspension support then do the other side. Remove to the front at an angle, comes right out and installs the same way.

View attachment 14454

View attachment 14455
I just loosened the screws and lifted the air box top and slid the filters in

^That works too. I like to put a rag in the intake boots and use my air compressor to blow the leaves and bugs out of the air box.

@WONT TAP How about a big airbox, cone filters, solid intake piping, charge pipes? Carbon fiber is always a plus. Patiently waiting brother.

@WONT TAP How about a big airbox, cone filters, solid intake piping, charge pipes? Carbon fiber is always a plus. Patiently waiting brother.
Our OEM ram air setup and pipes are works of art already. We do have a carbon fiber airbox lid in the works though. :)

Our OEM ram air setup and pipes are works of art already. We do have a carbon fiber airbox lid in the works though. :)
Sweet, I know you guys are diligently working on these things. Just cant wait to see it all.

Reviving this old thread. Am I seeing it correct in the pic above - and there’s a need to purchase 2 filters?
Thanks

Reviving this old thread. Am I seeing it correct in the pic above - and there’s a need to purchase 2 filters?
Thanks
We sell them as a pair. So just order one of these:

So I have a question for all of you that have used oiled aftermarket air filters. Has this messed with your MAF sensors yet? Normally oiled air filters will set CEL after some use. Just wondering.

We have sold hundreds of the Green filters, and this has never been an issue.

I am a new member to the Green filter club thanks to my buddy who bought them for me as a birthday present. Those Phillips screws are more difficult to use than the Torx screws on the Camaro. I saw a thread somewhere with the info for the proper Torx screws on Amazon. I’ll order those before I open the air box again. And don’t drop the screw. It’s not fun finding it under the motor.

I'm very interested in these filters and the throttle body upgrade (and bigger Turbos, downpipes, exhaust, carbon fiber driveshaft, tune and all the rest)....but at this time I don't want codes, emissions issues or anything that a dealer may use to deny warranty....etc

So would the green filters (and throttle body upgrade) be recommended and am I inviting any issues?

I'm very interested in these filters and the throttle body upgrade (and bigger Turbos, downpipes, exhaust, carbon fiber driveshaft, tune and all the rest)....but at this time I don't want codes, emissions issues or anything that a dealer may use to deny warranty....etc

So would the green filters (and throttle body upgrade) be recommended and am I inviting any issues?
That's kind of where I'm at. On my other 3 turbo cars, oiled air filters are an issue with MAF sensors. This creates a CEL on those 3 cars and its extremely hard to diagnose. Now that we know on our forums, the minute someone gets a code related to boost, we ask if theyre using an oiled air filter. If they tell us they are, we tell them to replace the MAF nad get rid of the oiled fulter. But, WONT TAP said there aren't any issues.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back