Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Ct4-V Apple Carplay audio problem

windman11

There is a sporadic problem when I connect my iPhone (wireless or wired) to Apple CarPlay to play music. It will think the audio is a phone call and it will display "voice volume" when I try to change the volume. This makes the audio EQ have no bass and only come from the front, so bad quality basically. The only way to get it back to display "sound volume" or "sound volume" is to restart my iPhone and reconnect. I have noticed that the problem happens less so if I have just played Spotify on my iPhone right before connecting to the car.

Has anyone else experienced this or know how to fix the problem?

Interesting as on my 5BW through Apple CarPlay via wireless, mine worked fine after finishing setup and recently, the music plays fine, but phone calls seem to sound like they are only coming from a front speaker or the through the phone. Weather has been crappy, so I was going to try to delete my phone from the list and pair it again to see if this fixes the problem the next time out of the garage. Curious if anyone else has experience similar and what they have performed to fix

The only time I connected to A/C/P wireless everything played fine but when a text message came in my screen switched to the phone display like I was going to manually dial out. I was like WTF is that! Was a sign from above to shut the radio off and just enjoy the symphony of the LT4/exhaust . LOL

There is a sporadic problem when I connect my iPhone (wireless or wired) to Apple CarPlay to play music. It will think the audio is a phone call and it will display "voice volume" when I try to change the volume. This makes the audio EQ have no bass and only come from the front, so bad quality basically. The only way to get it back to display "sound volume" or "sound volume" is to restart my iPhone and reconnect. I have noticed that the problem happens less so if I have just played Spotify on my iPhone right before connecting to the car.

Has anyone else experienced this or know how to fix the problem?

Had this problem a while back and found out it was the setting chosen for how to route audio alerts on waze app.

Interesting as on my 5BW through Apple CarPlay via wireless, mine worked fine after finishing setup and recently, the music plays fine, but phone calls seem to sound like they are only coming from a front speaker or the through the phone. Weather has been crappy, so I was going to try to delete my phone from the list and pair it again to see if this fixes the problem the next time out of the garage. Curious if anyone else has experience similar and what they have performed to fix
Yea I checked the EQ when it is in "voice volume" and it seems to be routed only to the front speakers, and have almost no bass etc. So i think that is what is happening with your calls.

If you play music after a call, does it sound ok, or does it still sound like it's coming only from the front speaker?

Yea I checked the EQ when it is in "voice volume" and it seems to be routed only to the front speakers, and have almost no bass etc. So i think that is what is happening with your calls.

If you play music after a call, does it sound ok, or does it still sound like it's coming only from the front speaker?
I’ve been traveling for business, so unable to check, but if I remember correctly yes music sounded fine after call. Hopefully I can check this weekend when I return.

Are you running the latest, greatest, software update on your iPhone?

Are you running the latest, greatest, software update on your iPhone?
Yea I am running the most up to date software. I finally let the cadillac do its own update a week ago as well and I am waiting to see if the problem persists. I haven't been able to take it out since then to check.

I have an issue where occasionally it won’t recognize my phone is connected or will drop connection (even though music is streaming) so CarPlay isn’t an option and I have to control music directly on my device.

So for anyone who stumbles onto this with the same problem, I did find a workaround that isn't too bad. Basically, if you have 'voice volume' for your apple car play while playing music etc, you should do the following. Click the voice commsnd button (on the steering wheel for me), and then cancel it. This seems to kick the audio type back to the proper type for music etc. You do have to do this every time it happens, but it only takes a sec.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back