Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4 BW backup cam quality?

Beamz27

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT4V BW
Is everyone else’s back up cam shitty? The resolution sucks and it can’t be HD like the camera I had on my regular 5V. Either I got a faulty backup cam or caddy cheaped out on the 4BW because my regular 5V back up cam was amazing.

Also why did they remove the rear view mirror camera too? Unreal where the cut corners on the options w this car and clearly no front cam. But extremely disappointed with the backup camera. It’s dog crap compared to the 5V and I don’t know why they would use a different camera at all. Feedback please?

Thanks

Also why do the Camaro SS’s come w the rear view mirror cam but an 82k Cadillac doesn’t? I don’t understand why they took that feature off.

@Tall Steve is the backup cam on your 4BW just as good as it was on your regular 5V? Cuz my 5V backup camera was unreal and this one on the 4 doesn’t come close. It’s terrible

My cameras are great on my 5BW. I have the basic camera package. Not the camera in the antenna.

Last edited:
@Tall Steve is the backup cam on your 4BW just as good as it was on your regular 5V? Cuz my 5V backup camera was unreal and this one on the 4 doesn’t come close. It’s terrible
Mine is clear and I have not had any issues except when it's dirty, but I don't think it as good as the 5... I'm driving the 5 this weekend so I will see the difference for sure and let you know....

Mine is clear and I have not had any issues except when it's dirty, but I don't think it as good as the 5... I'm driving the 5 this weekend so I will see the difference for sure and let you know....
Yea please let me know. Between the diminished quality of the back up cam and not having the rear view mirror cam I’m a bit disappointed being my 5V was 63k and this car was 82k. Should have all the same goodies as the cheaper car 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Here’s a pic of my backup cam. Super grainy compared to the 5V. Does any of yours look like this? The 5V cam was the most clear backup cam I’ve ever had. Was super impressed with it.

Attachments

• C081D811-AD08-4651-AA8C-F8D30AF9B9A1.jpeg
    C081D811-AD08-4651-AA8C-F8D30AF9B9A1.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 107
Just got the 4 today. Looks just like my 5 except smaller

Attachments

• 20220309_215614.jpg
    20220309_215614.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 106
Just got the 4 today. Looks just like my 5 except smaller
My regular 5V camera was crystal clear. Zero fuzziness or grainy’ness to the picture quality. And I still had my 5 V yesterday so I know I’m not making it up lol 🤷🏻‍♂️

While the camera is on, try long pressing the screen and see if touch screen video adjustment controls pop up on the screen. If they do, then try adjusting them to see if that helps.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back