Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4 and CT5 BW parts sharing

Jameson's Viggen

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4 V BlackWing
Just a thought I had while trying to fall asleep.

There is a local salvage yard that has a way of getting development vehicles/mules. Because of this my friend had wound up buying some pretty neat/rare new stuff like ZR1 CCBs(carbon brakes).

That got me thinking. What goodies from the CT5 BW might easily graft on the CT4?

I am thinking CCBs would likely fit. I would think the 19's are a no brainer, though 305's might be TIGHT to fit in the back. I was also thinking the carbon backed buckets would be a bolt on. Too bad I think the larger center screen wouldn't be a drop in.

Any other thoughts/ideas? I am going to have to make a junkyard run when it warms up for a bit now that I know what to look for.

The CCB rotors from the 5BW are larger diameter than the rotors on the 4BW. Given there is incredibly little clearance already between the caliper and the OEM 4BW wheel, I can't see any way to fit 5BW brakes on a 4BW without putting on larger wheels.

Also, since the cars are brake-by-wire, you could run into calibration/operation issues.

The CCB rotors from the 5BW are larger diameter than the rotors on the 4BW. Given there is incredibly little clearance already between the caliper and the OEM 4BW wheel, I can't see any way to fit 5BW brakes on a 4BW without putting on larger wheels.

Also, since the cars are brake-by-wire, you could run into calibration/operation issues.
Correct though I think the MMs between the two rotors sizes is minimal. But if it requires 19" wheels, there is the answer, run 5BW wheels hehe.

I wonder if the 5BW has a different calibration between standard and CCBs. From history CCBs aren't so much for improved braking per se, more so fade resistance/durability/repeatability.

CCB on the CT4 would be great!, but outrageous $$$$

Do you know if we have Radial Calipers (that can easily be spaced out, to clear larger rotors)?
or
Do we have Axial Calipers?
(too lazy to pull my wheels and look)

Another question would be if CT4 BW Brakes can be installed on a CT4-V, then we have someone to sell our old parts too ; )

I am not-so patiently waiting for a set of 5BW take-off wheels so I can run summer/winter tires more easily. Let us know what comes across!

I was lucky enough to pick up a second set of tech bronze wheels from my dealer for $2000, I just put a set of the coopers on for my cold weather set up.

I was lucky enough to pick up a second set of tech bronze wheels from my dealer for $2000, I just put a set of the coopers on for my cold weather set up.
Can you share any more details? This had been my plan until my parts department quoted me 4k for a set of the base wheels. Is that invoice pricing? And do you have part numbers? Thanks!

Can you share any more details? This had been my plan until my parts department quoted me 4k for a set of the base wheels. Is that invoice pricing? And do you have part numbers? Thanks!
The other BW that was ordered by my dealer was ordered with tech bronze wheels and the customer didn't want them, so the dealer was willing to let them go for $2000

I wonder if the 5BW has a different calibration between standard and CCBs. From history CCBs aren't so much for improved braking per se, more so fade resistance/durability/repeatability.

The Corvettes did have different programming depending on whether you had CCB or not. Not just different mu values but also lower unsprung mass. I doubt you’ll notice the difference in ABS though unless you at the pointy end of things on track.

If you happen to come across any of the exterior CF parts (wing, splitter, diffuser) I'd be interested if they're in good shape.

If you happen to come across any of the exterior CF parts (wing, splitter, diffuser) I'd be interested if they're in good shape.
You and 75% of the forum who couldn't get it...
Best of luck in the search though.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners