Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Collision Avoidance

RDATLTE

FKA: Sticker Boy & CT4-V Blackwing
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-V Blackwing Road Atlanta IMSA Track Edition
Got a really nice little scare today when some type of collision avoidance kicked in. I thought that I had curbed it. Time to check the manual to turn it off.

Yes, you can turn off the automatic braking. It is too intrusive and can cause an accident.

The other day a small icon that’s supposed to be a pedestrian popped up in my display when a person stepped off a curb when I drove by. It popped up and flashed. I’m like what the hell is that? Then I looked and saw the person with one foot in the street.

Yes, you can turn off the automatic braking. It is too intrusive and can cause an accident.
I could see getting rear ended.

I got the auto braking turned off as it was super invasive. I also turned the gap to the closest setting.

I'll still get the red pop up on the dash if I come up on someone's rear fast enough (even though quite a sizable distance behind). Not sure there is a way to completely disable that.

My first experience of it was in boss lady's Denali. The brakes hit hard and I had a quick freak out. Like a dumbass I jerked the steering wheel enough to get us sideways. Steered out and pulled over thinking there was something more wrong. Only thing wrong was I didn't disable the option. Not a fan.

Mine has not stopped me driving forward (although I have gotten the giant red flashing crash box on the hud and vibrating seat). But in reverse it has hard braked and put in the parking brake on me several times while sloooowly backing into my garage.

Maybe I disabled some of this a while ago because while I do get the red “crash box” occasionally I’ve never had the brakes come on or power cut.

Exactly what I did. Played with settings at one point, dialed them back so they're not intrusive, but still get the red alert from time to time (changing lanes, etc.). Have no recollection of how/what I changed.

I did the same thing, but I still get the red alert on the HUD. I'm sure if you take 10 minutes and go thru the settings, you can change it, except for the red HUD thingy. Well, ok, 15 minutes.

I have a 2023 so things may be different, but I am able to totally disable both the automatic braking and the flashing red lights warning. I do get a warning every time I start the car that the collision avoidance is disabled, but that's fine.

I am what some may refer to as an "aggressive" driver, but I prefer to call it "highly trained and hyper-aware" and so the warnings go off nearly every day for me. I really didn't mind the warnings on my former BMWs, as they only alerted in real situations, but the Caddy is way more conservative, even at the lowest setting, so off it goes.

For the typical texting-while-I-eat-my breakfast-and-occasionally-look-up driver, these warnings are great. For most of the rest of us, they are too intrusive.

My limits and margin for error are infinitely different than what safety nannies are set to, so like Bimmerfan, I have everything turned off. It is jarring when you are surprised by them.

I went through all the settings on Day 1, so I don't even remember what they were though. Sorry fellas !!

I have a 2024; it's not even 5 minutes to get them all off. You have to have the car running but NOT moving to get them disabled. Once you are done, remember to press your 'Memory Settings' for your driver position on the door--as I think that helps hard-code them with the key that is in use.

@BimmerFan, @CBH and I are in total agreement--the Cadillac calibration ISN'T right. These systems are actually a distraction to someone who is fully engaged in the drive--as it pulls your attention AWAY from the road / situation and instead TO a screen. Yuck.

I left everything turned on for now, and I've only seen the flashing red warning twice (no automatic braking yet). I don't drive through congested cities if that's where you guys are seeing issues, or maybe it's simply a matter of following distance. It doesn't seem intrusive to me for everyday driving.

I can confirm the pedestrian warning will be fooled by a well-constructed scarecrow, but that should be a seasonal issue.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back