Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Cold weather Tires / custom Wheels

FZ1

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT5 V BW (on order)
Merry Christmas everybody...(or whatever holiday you celebrate at this tie of year!) Glad to join the CVnet. I ordered my CT5V BW November,15th and am hoping to get it by Spring. In the meantime, though I have been searching the forums here and on FB to see what 5BW owners are doing to deal with cold weather climates and tires and/or wheels...that is, other than moving South to a warmer climate, LOL. I've emailed Michelin support to see if there is any future plan to build a 305x35R19 AS Pilot Sport for cold weather driving, or if there is another size that can work for the vehicle. Michelin makes a 285x40ZR19 AS. Anyone here have experience with that one? My other thought was to get a 20"x 12" custom rim and fit 295x30ZR20 AS's to them. Anyone have thoughts on that? Thanks!

Reactions: Rob
Merry Christmas everybody...(or whatever holiday you celebrate at this tie of year!) Glad to join the CVnet. I ordered my CT5V BW November,15th and am hoping to get it by Spring. In the meantime, though I have been searching the forums here and on FB to see what 5BW owners are doing to deal with cold weather climates and tires and/or wheels...that is, other than moving South to a warmer climate, LOL. I've emailed Michelin support to see if there is any future plan to build a 305x35R19 AS Pilot Sport for cold weather driving, or if there is another size that can work for the vehicle. Michelin makes a 285x40ZR19 AS. Anyone here have experience with that one? My other thought was to get a 20"x 12" custom rim and fit 295x30ZR20 AS's to them. Anyone have thoughts on that? Thanks!

I live in snow country - Ottawa, Canada where the claim to fame is having the largest and longest skating rink in the world. The summer tires on my newly acquired CT4-V Blackwing are useless in even a hint of the white stuff. So I installed Michelin Pilot Sport 4 All Season. So far so good, i don't expect them to perform in deep snow but that was never the intent. They are excellent in hard packed snow and an inch or so of powder. When we are 'blessed' with the next big snowfall I will give the tires a real test.

I live in snow country - Ottawa, Canada where the claim to fame is having the largest and longest skating rink in the world. The summer tires on my newly acquired CT4-V Blackwing are useless in even a hint of the white stuff. So I installed Michelin Pilot Sport 4 All Season. So far so good, i don't expect them to perform in deep snow but that was never the intent. They are excellent in hard packed snow and an inch or so of powder. When we are 'blessed' with the next big snowfall I will give the tires a real test.
I got the same tires for winter for my 4BW. They're ok, but you can't compare them to the pilot alpin I ran on my last car. Sadly, they are not available in the sizes we need

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back