Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Civic Type R rear pillar

DAC17

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT5-V
Has anyone else noticed the similarity between the rear pillars on the new Type R and the CT5?

I don't think it did. CT5 design was first shown a few years ago.
Current (well, outgoing) Accord generation has been out since MY18. CT5 started in MY20.

Current (well, outgoing) Accord generation has been out since MY18. CT5 started in MY20.
Yup but that's not the same. The design on the '18 Accord is partially there but the lower part is still the body-colored metal side of the car. I don't think we saw the current design until the updated Civic appeared after the CT5 was first shown in April 2019. Not a surprise really since Honda is conservative with design and often copies other (still remember the mid 90s Accord where Honda adopted Doug Frasher's Volvo ECC concept almost 2 years ahead of Volvo for a production model!)

Civic vs. CT5...which is which?

Screenshot 2022-11-16 150827.jpg
Screenshot 2022-11-16 150857.jpg

Its my least favorite part of the CT5. But on the 4, its the back which looks like an envelope. A 5 with the side of the 4, or a 4 with the rear of the 5 would be much better. Sadly I know the people involved with the design of both so I should keep my opinions to myself lol.

While it's not our favorite design cue, it's becoming quite common! Several companies are doing it including Nissan and some Euro design (French as I recall) we don't get in the U.S.

Sorry OP but, I consider this one of, if not the, shittiest thread of the day. Why we always gotta be comparing ourselves?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back