Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Chrome to gloss black wheel swap? CT4-V Blackwing

CaddyCoder

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-V Blackwing
Hey all! I just recently purchased a 2023 CT4-V Blackwing with a 6 speed manual and I really love it. Such a fun car. It came with chrome/black wheels which look nice but I’d like to have the full gloss black wheels instead.

What’s the best way to go about that? I could go with an aftermarket option but I’d rather stay OEM instead. I could potentially get them powder coated? Not really sure what would be best but appreciate any advice you might have. Thanks!

Last edited:
Just order the black wheels from the dealer.

Thanks for the reply. Do you think they’d do a trade or would I have to buy them and sell mine? The dealership did say they can powder coat the wheels for $2300. They never said anything about trading or ordering new wheels though when I asked about having the gloss black ones.

I'm not sure of the part number, but if you can get the discounted price typical of the online stores it's pretty close to the powder coating your originals. I'd rather have factory finish than refinished wheels. This message lists the bronze part numbers Winter Wheels and Tires and this list should include all three, but the lousy descriptions don't mention which is which Wheels for 2022 Cadillac CT4 | OEM Parts Online I'm not sure why they say all are fronts, but I think the F/R pairs are similar part numbers (ex. 84319214/84319213). There may be a $50 core per wheel, so you can use your originals for the core charge, or sell them to someone up north looking for wheels for winter tires. Check the V parts sales thread to get an idea for a private sale. Sets of 5BW wheels seem to sell around $2200/set. Re-use your boxes from the graphite wheels.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. Do you think they’d do a trade or would I have to buy them and sell mine? The dealership did say they can powder coat the wheels for $2300. They never said anything about trading or ordering new wheels though when I asked about having the gloss black ones.
That seems really overpriced.

Hey all! I just recently purchased a 2023 CT4-V Blackwing with a 6 speed manual and I really love it. Such a fun car. It came with chrome/black wheels which look nice but I’d like to have the full gloss black wheels instead.

What’s the best way to go about that? I could go with an aftermarket option but I’d rather stay OEM instead. I could potentially get them powder coated? Not really sure what would be best but appreciate any advice you might have. Thanks!
The Satin Graphite wheels are not gloss black.

Ah okay, thought I had seen gloss black ones at the dealership. The Satin graphite ones do look good, maybe I’ll go with those. Yeah I thought the same thing, $2300 sounded very overpriced. I said no way lol, rather just order new ones at that point.

Ah okay, thought I had seen gloss black ones at the dealership. The Satin graphite ones do look good, maybe I’ll go with those. Yeah I thought the same thing, $2300 sounded very overpriced. I said no way lol, rather just order new ones at that point.
Check for some reliable powder coaters who are known to be experienced with wheels in your area. A part of the powder coating process is baking and that can ruin wheels if they don’t know what they’re doing.

I think you can get gloss black on a regular V, but not the BW. But yeah, even if you powder coated glossy they would be brake dust satin finish within 5 minutes during driving.

Appreciate the feedback here! That’s a good point about the brake dust. After doing a bit more research, the stock bronze wheels are really starting to grow on me. The exterior of the car is Black Raven which pairs nicely with the bronze wheels IMO. I’m going to reach out to the dealership this week to see if they can order the bronze ones and I’ll need sell my polished/dark android wheels.

IMG_0026.jpeg
Liked the design of the bronze wheels, but not the color. Had mine powder coated gloss black and I like how they turned out. As other have stated the brake dust is a menace. Having car and wheels ceramic coated soon to hopefully help a little.

Last edited:
Those do look really nice! I’ll have to get them ceramic coated. I’m used to brake dust on my previous cars as well and I know how annoying it can be. Attached a few pics of the wheels I have now.

My car doesn’t have the carbon lip and I just want the car to look a little more aggressive. Figured the wheels will definitely help. Thanks for sharing that link.

Attachments

• IMG_6434.jpeg
    IMG_6434.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_6433.jpeg
    IMG_6433.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_6432.jpeg
    IMG_6432.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 67
I had the "chrome" wheels powder-coated bronze on my white 4. I also swapped out the pads with PowerStops and, while I won't say there's no brake dust, it's 90% minimized. Here's a before & after picture...

20231011_104352.jpg

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop