Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Check out the MSRP of the 4BW - Watkins Glen IMSA Edition

I think you're missing the point. You and others think that the track package option is just some crazy GM upcharge for nothing, when, in reality, you're getting more, and more exclusive stuff for only a very small upgrade cost.

I like the idea of the track packages if they put meaningful track hardware into them but these cars already come standard with most of the track hardware; 6 piston Brembo brakes, e-diff, coolers, etc. My idea of a track package would be a build with Recaro seats, PDR, HUD, front splitter and rear wing/diffuser treatment and maybe some special wheels and tires and sell it for maybe $6k or so.

I think you're missing the point. You and others think that the track package option is just some crazy GM upcharge for nothing, when, in reality, you're getting more, and more exclusive stuff for only a very small upgrade cost.
I fully understand the math, I don't understand the value. No matter how you sell or package the CF parts, the negligible weight and aero improvements don't add up to paying 30% more over a car with standard plastic trim. The decals only make it suck even more, but that is just me.

Although bmw dropped the ball on the m2 and m3, at least with the CS or CSL special treatment, you get more power, lighter bits, and more tuning. More like GM lipstick package.

Although bmw dropped the ball on the m2 and m3, at least with the CS or CSL special treatment, you get more power, lighter bits, and more tuning. More like GM lipstick package.
Yeah, and things like the CSL are priced accordingly. It's literally TWICE the price of a M4 base car.

I fully understand the math, I don't understand the value. No matter how you sell or package the CF parts, the negligible weight and aero improvements don't add up to paying 30% more over a car with standard plastic trim. The decals only make it suck even more, but that is just me.
Same here. I think it is just the packaging for me as I see no value in the "Track Editions."

I come from the Camaro and Corvette world so I am used to actual track packaged content. For example, the Camaro 1LE track package adds Recaros, HUD, E-Diff, dual mode exhaust, 20" forged wheels with wider Goodyear F1 Supercar tires, 6-piston Brembos with larger rotors, mag ride FE4 suspension, extra cooling and a wrapped hood to cut down on the glare. For around $7k you get an actual track package since it consists of improvements for folks who actually track the car. ZL1 1LE gets the track focused DSSV suspension, dedicated track tires, and some serious aero, this package costs about $7,500. On a Corvette, you add the Z51 package for about $6k and get better brakes, rotors, tires, performance axle ratio, coolers, some aero, etc.

On the 4BW, even if you could build a base car and only add the track edition package for $19k, which doesn't even include PDR or a HUD, you are still over $80k. It just feels like a money grab to me. They reverse the colors of the interior, add some overpriced carbon fiber stuff inside and out that will not add any noticeable performance and slap on some decals. If you like the package then great but let's not make it out to be some special track version of the car. IMO, if you are going to spend this much on a 4BW, just keep going and upgrade to 5BW.

Last edited:
If you come from the the Corvette world you should be used to the “add every option and some stickers” approach. C8.R editon, C7.R editon, championship editions, all had no performance options.

I owned a couple C5s and a C7 Grand Sport. I had to look up what was in the C7R edition. You're right, it is basically a Z07 package with a lot of fluff. I am not knocking these packages, I think they are pretty cool, I just don't think worth the money they are charging for them. You never really see anyone pay extra for this stuff on the used market, unless it is some sort of collector.

Last edited:
Same here. I think it is just the packaging for me as I see no value in the "Track Editions."

I come from the Camaro and Corvette world so I am used to actual track packaged content. For example, the Camaro 1LE track package adds Recaros, HUD, E-Diff, dual mode exhaust, 20" forged wheels with wider Goodyear F1 Supercar tires, 6-piston Brembos with larger rotors, mag ride FE4 suspension, extra cooling and a wrapped hood to cut down on the glare. For around $7k, to me is a track package since it consists of improvements for folks who actually track the car. ZL1 1LE gets the track focused DSSV suspension, dedicated track tires, and some serious aero, this package costs about $7,500. On a Corvette, you add the Z51 package for about $6k and get better brakes, rotors, tires, performance axle ratio, coolers, some aero, etc.

On the 4BW, even if you could build a base car and only add the track edition package for $19k, which doesn't even include PDR or a HUD, you are still over $80k. It just feels like a money grab to me. They reverse the colors of the interior, add some overpriced carbon fiber stuff inside and out that will not add any noticeable performance and slap on some decals. If you like the package then great but let's not make it out to be some special track version of the car. IMO, if you are going to spend this much on a 4BW, just keep going and upgrade to 5BW.
I mean, I get what you’re saying. I think maybe some of us have an issue calling it a “Track Edition” when it gets no noticeable improvements for track use.

Im just trying to point out that it’s not a money grab if a potential customer was going to buy a loaded 4BW anyway. You can either get a loaded, non-TE car for ~$85-$90k or a track edition with some exclusive goodies, like the bad ass seat backs for little to no more extra cash to obtain.

There’s the “Track Edition” that we were all hoping for and then there’s the reality of the “Track Editions” that we’re actually getting that follow suit with previous V special editions (Championship & Pedestal) that this time are named after race tracks hence “Track Edition”.

Last edited:
So we are trashing a BW because of its name? I like the car and want one but I'm purchasing my wife a new car at the end of next year and I need the cash for that so I cant afford one.... If I had the extra cash in my wallet I would tell @1StunnaV to put my name on one.....

I love all the extra stuff that comes on the car and its really the only way to get factory CF.... It's only money guys and you cant take it with you.....

It is fair to say most every member coming to this forum and posting is a real enthusiast about the cars and driving them. But there will seemingly be a good number of Blackwing owners who don't "care" as much as we do. Many buyers enjoy the exclusivity component of a material good, and to that point these will be very rare editions. 10+ years from now, would I value one of these editions more than a regular 4 if I were looking to buy one? Absolutely not.

On the Anniversary 5 models, the price seems even more inflated when looking at what they give you for the extra you pay compared to a regular one. I initially expressed interest in trying to get one of those, until I saw the added costs. But for 120 people, they will see the value and be fine spending the extra $.

So we are trashing a BW because of its name? I like the car and want one but I'm purchasing my wife a new car at the end of next year and I need the cash for that so I cant afford one.... If I had the extra cash in my wallet I would tell @1StunnaV to put my name on one.....

I love all the extra stuff that comes on the car and its really the only way to get factory CF.... It's only money guys and you cant take it with you.....

The car is cool, just not a lot of value for the money. When I get into the $90k range for a sports sedan I am not thinking of a 4BW with a carbon fiber package. For me, the carbon fiber is so expensive and offers very little real world performance benefit I would never buy it anyway. I am waiting for the $300 plastic splitter. :)

I think if they threw in a performance tune and increased the power to 500hp, that would help justify it as being a bit more special.

I have a Maverick Noir Frost track edition on order. It's a unique color and only 99 will be produced. It is a 6-speed without sunroof. Options ordered include microfiber steering wheel/shifter, PDR and HUD/tech package. MSRP $87.4. A similarly optioned 4BW with no cost exterior paint Summit White or Black Raven is $82,295. For the difference, you get all CF bits which no one else is getting at the moment from factory, unique matte exterior paint and CF seats. If you add any of the metallic exterior paint options ($695) or the more expensive Radiant red ($1225), the difference will be even less.

If you take the other 2 track editions model that come with Rift or Electric Blue exterior paint and spec them similar to the example above, the MSRP will be around $84.5. Compare this to $82,295 and you'll see why some of us decided to order the track edition. I am not sure if the car is worth this much money, but that's what GM charges so, it is what it is.

If somehow you think this pricing is ridiculous, the pricing for the 120th anniversary edition CT5 is just BS

I have a Maverick Noir Frost track edition on order. It's a unique color and only 99 will be produced. It is a 6-speed without sunroof. Options ordered include microfiber steering wheel/shifter, PDR and HUD/tech package. MSRP $87.4. A similarly optioned 4BW with no cost exterior paint Summit White or Black Raven is $82,295. For the difference, you get all CF bits which no one else is getting at the moment from factory, unique matte exterior paint and CF seats. If you add any of the metallic exterior paint options ($695) or the more expensive Radiant red ($1225), the difference will be even less.

If you take the other 2 track editions model that come with Rift or Electric Blue exterior paint and spec them similar to the example above, the MSRP will be around $84.5. Compare this to $82,295 and you'll see why some of us decided to order the track edition. I am not sure if the car is worth this much money, but that's what GM charges so, it is what it is.
Awesome and enjoy!!!
Don't mind everyone, folks will complain about anything and practically for sure it's your best way to have CF included on your invoice.
We're all pissing away money on uneccessary luxury items here. Something something, about those with glass engines throwing stones.

I also have a Sebring edition on order. Just gotta sell my current BW before it gets here.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back