Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Changing the Oil

DonD

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-V Blackwing
With only 325 miles, I'm a newcomer.

I haven't tried to get under the car and am wondering if there are lift points that I can access to lift the front end using a floor jack? I'll find out when I take it in for the freebie oil change but would like an input from do it yourself people. Thanks, Don

With only 325 miles, I'm a newcomer.

I haven't tried to get under the car and am wondering if there are lift points that I can access to lift the front end using a floor jack? I'll find out when I take it in for the freebie oil change but would like an input from do it yourself people. Thanks, Don
There is a lengthy thread on this topic already, read away to your heart's content.

Be careful reading that thread though. Comments for both 4s and 5s are all intermixed and it isn't always easy to tell which is being referenced, and there are significant differences especially with the frame under the engine.

Why that thread about jacking up your car is 16 pages is beyond me. The CT5 is no different than the previous few decades of unibody sedans; lift at the clearly defined lift points on the pinch weld using a basic pinch weld adapter on your jack pad.

For an oil change, or anything that doesn't require taking the wheels off, Race Ramps are my go to. I have yet to pay the money for a Quick Jack, but for wheels off work, hard to beat that tool.

Welcome aboard DonD. I'm also in Austin. PM me if you want to meet.

First oil change is on Cadillac. I indulged myself, but will be doing it myself from here on out. Ramps have their risks, but I agree they're the easiest way to do something that does not require removal of the wheels. I bought long, low ramps for my previous Camaro, so plan to use them on the Caddy too.

Welcome aboard DonD. I'm also in Austin. PM me if you want to meet.

First oil change is on Cadillac. I indulged myself, but will be doing it myself from here on out. Ramps have their risks, but I agree they're the easiest way to do something that does not require removal of the wheels. I bought long, low ramps for my previous Camaro, so plan to use them on the Caddy too.
Thinking things over, have done my cars oil changes for 60 yrs. So many of the ramps provide minimal lift heights. A Race Ramp that gives 6+" of lift is some $317 on Amazon! Pays for a lot of dealer oil changes.

I'll go watch the dealer do his thing and gain some knowledge. Don

I like to do my own work, so i'll be doing my oil changes. I have quick jacks but haven't tried them on the 4BW yet, gonna take some experimentation from what i've seen in the thread, but haven't put my head under the car yet

My son is a Dodge dealership tech and for the most part has very little good to say about the lube techs since they tend to have minimal experience and problem solving skills

Thinking things over, have done my cars oil changes for 60 yrs. So many of the ramps provide minimal lift heights. A Race Ramp that gives 6+" of lift is some $317 on Amazon! Pays for a lot of dealer oil changes.

I'll go watch the dealer do his thing and gain some knowledge. Don
I've been using my old Rhino Ramps for many years on many cars. They just fit under the front lip of my 5V. Not expensive and adequate for an oil change. I agree that Race Ramps are overpriced. You aren't going to learn anything from watching someone change your oil. :)

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back