Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CCB pad changes

Mcard23

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing 86-048
Just an FYI - In preparation for an HPDE at Mid Ohio this weekend I realized my front pads were pretty low so I tossed in a new set. Obviously with a fixed caliper the pads are easy in and out - what I had a bit of a struggle with was the sensors. First, they plug in behind the wheel well liner and are difficult to access for a bigger guy. Second (and the main reason for this post) is that there is a driver and passenger specific sensor. After finally figuring out how to remove the old sensor I put everything back together and realized the sensor I installed was too long and was on the wrong side…..never even crossed my mind they’d be different. Visually the end of the sensor that goes into the pad is a bit longer for the passenger side - driver sensor clips to top of brake pad, passenger clips into the BOTTOM.

TLDR; the brake wear sensors are not the same from driver to passenger sides. Pic 1 is of the driver side, pic 2 is passenger

Attachments

• 78E8DA4F-3EFA-4E1D-B278-98B9F0EC07BA.jpeg
    78E8DA4F-3EFA-4E1D-B278-98B9F0EC07BA.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 105
  • 967BFDA9-3494-43B7-B9B9-B1700D4FAA2A.jpeg
    967BFDA9-3494-43B7-B9B9-B1700D4FAA2A.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 102
Great info - thanks! When I replaced my CCB pads I just carefully popped the sensor off the old pad and reused it. I was too lazy to reroute all the wire. It never would’ve occurred to me they were side specific.

i just did a front pad swap on my steels. there was only a sensor on the driver side and none on the passenger. i wonder if i can add a passenger one...

Thread necro...but I just noticed it's a Pagid pad for the CCB's.

Think it's something from the RSC line? RSC1 perhaps?

This probably merits its own thread. Does anyone know if they have the pad shape for the 5BW CCBs? They have a taller annulus than the Corvette brakes.

This probably merits its own thread. Does anyone know if they have the pad shape for the 5BW CCBs? They have a taller annulus than the Corvette brakes.
I gave KNS brakes the pagid PN back when I swapped pads. They were working on options for blackwing at the time - but still nothing listed on their site. They were very good with different pad options for 6gen Camaro and should have all kinds of data on pad sizes. They may be a good place to ask…. PAGID HPC 625 GG N21

I gave KNS brakes the pagid PN back when I swapped pads. They were working on options for blackwing at the time - but still nothing listed on their site. They were very good with different pad options for 6gen Camaro and should have all kinds of data on pad sizes. They may be a good place to ask…. PAGID HPC 625 GG N21
Maybe I’ll ping Ken then. I am hoping that since Pagid doesn’t have to abide by the CA copper free pad rule they can make a pad that both works and it better for the expensive rotors.

I’m talking to an Alcon distributor about iron replacement rotors for the CCBs. I need to pull the rotors off my car and send to him to make sure they will work. My plan would be to run the iron rotors and track pads for track days and then switch back to CCBs for street use.

I’m talking to an Alcon distributor about iron replacement rotors for the CCBs. I need to pull the rotors off my car and send to him to make sure they will work. My plan would be to run the iron rotors and track pads for track days and then switch back to CCBs for street use.
You were unhappy with CCB performance on track?

I am happy with everything except the replacement cost of rotors. I can’t afford $10K in rotors every 2 sets of front pads.

I am happy with everything except the replacement cost of rotors. I can’t afford $10K in rotors every 2 sets of front pads.
Dang. They are wearing that fast? Thought the Gen2 rotors were supposed to last longer.

How much mass have they lost? How many events?

I was hoping to get a least a couple of seasons out of mine.

Last edited:
I’ll pull one and weigh it but there was an internal GM slide that said that was what they had to do during 24 hour track testing of the C8Z. Given the added weight and front weight bias of the 5BW I doubt it’s better.

@poor-sha @Mcard23

Has anyone seen any specs on the CCB rotor weights and when they need to officially be replaced? I would assume that's in the service manual. Has anyone done the TDS access yet?

TIA.

BTW - Rockauto is finally showing the CCB rotors for the BW. They are ~$2.4k/ea

Front Left 85575887
Front Right 85575888
Rear Left 85575889
Rear Right 85575890

The BMW/PCCB rotors have wear indicators on them. They are dime-sized dots on the front and back of rotor set 120 degrees apart. Do our rotors have something similar?

Last edited:
I’m working with Girodisc on rotors for the 4BW. They said they want to create an option for the 5 as well.

As for sensors - yes they were a pain. I think that next time I’ll just zip tie and not use them.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back