Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Carbon fiber seat backs

Drozboyz

Seasoned Member
How many on this forum are ordering their seats with the carbon fiber front seats.... saw a close up pic today and now im not so sure i want them.... and whats the difference between the standard seats and hi performance seats as well standard steering wheel and performance steering wheel

You may want to tag your questions with the CT-4 or CT-5 buttons, because I think there are some significant differences in standard interior vs. options... Like, I believe only the 4 has 2 steering wheel options.

Don't see the point of the CF seatbacks and I actually prefer the mid-grade seats with the diamond pattern on the 5. But those come with a suede back panel, which sounds like a nightmare to keep nice if anyone under 17 sits back there. I think I'd actually prefer leatherette (the finest of all plastics ;))- far easier to wipe clean, and it's not touching my keister, right?

How many on this forum are ordering their seats with the carbon fiber front seats.... saw a close up pic today and now im not so sure i want them.... and whats the difference between the standard seats and hi performance seats as well standard steering wheel and performance steering wheel
875BE20E-F9D3-4101-AE4C-D62E5F371F91.jpeg

After thinking about suede back which will come with a host of concerns i went with the carbon fiber backs. I actually think they’re very sharp.

Go to the first thread .....order tracking. Select the link that lists all of us as it shows seat selections.

Only one steering wheel, your only option is suede or not. As far as seats, if you want to see the differences, go to the eBrochure and you can cycle between the different options. It's not perfect, because they're renderings of pre-production interiors. But I think it gives you a fairly good idea of what to expect.

I tried to take some pictures, but they're too big for this site to manage, so I guess you're on your own there. ;)

Thanks jd Thinking the same.... just cant get used to the quilted
So, this is where the 4/5 thing matters- I believe the top end 4 seats have a 'quilted' pattern on the main seating surfaces, while the mid-range (suede backs, not carbon fiber) is quilted in the 5s.

The 5’s mid and top are quilted on top. Different design while The mid is quilted throughout.

Remember that pre production (like the one pictured) and actual production vehicles will be different. Such as the one pictured doesn’t have seat back pockets, and production models will.

Just curious, how do you add seat back pockets to carbon fiber shells And may i ask where u heard this? Thanks
Can’t remember if it was straight from Cadillac or from an article from one of the various sites.

No pockets on rear of the high-performance seats, suede or carbon. The top level CT5 seats offer higher grade leather as well, front and back vs. the mid level interiors.

see pics here of the tan and black carbon back high performance seat interior. Gives you the idea of the center stitch as well as the stitch on upper portion of seat back vs the mid level has the diamond style quilt on the center panels. See CT4-V Blackwing photos on same site to see those.

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners