Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Car seats in 5bw

Davel518

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5 Blackwing
Bringing our first home from the hospital soon and am wondering if anyone has had particularly good or bad experiences with any car seat models in the 5bw? The seat will probably mostly live in my wife's car but, you know, life happens. Obviously safety first, but beyond that want to stick with something gentle on the car.

Thanks!

Congrats. I brought my first home from the hospital a week ago.

I have a Nuna Pipa Lite RX in the back of my 4BW. My wife is 5'8 and all legs, it's fine behind her.

I would imagine you're fine with most seats in a 5BW.

Shouldn’t have any problems. This is not an infant seat but for reference. I’m 6’0 and can fit up front, not that I’ll ever be on the passenger seat :) I also have a seat protector under the car seat.

Congrats on the baby and the BW.
EC5CCF35-7B8D-44B9-87F8-A77321ED0887.jpeg

I use my car to haul my 15 month old around every now and again. Even at 6’6 I can fit a backward facing behind me comfortably so I don’t think you’ll have any issues! Forget the brand but I think it’s Graco (doesn’t stay in the car). Only “issue” I have is my son is tall and it’s getting more difficult to fit him in between the roofline and the top edge of the car seat, almost have to wedge him in. Forward facing can’t come soon enough.

I don't have a CT5 BW but...In my CT4 BW I have two forward facing car seats. My wife and I are 5'2" and 5'7" respectively with more than enough front seat room. Given the CT5 is bigger wheelbase and large back seats, I think you'll be just fine.

It's been a while but what I did was just bought an extra base for the seat to click into. Most of the time I was just driving around w/ the base attached to the car. Of course, put down some sort of protector to not leave indentations in the seat.

I have a Clek Ling that fits fine. My 8 month old daughter has ridden in the 5 Blackwing by far more than any other car. When she grows up she'll just assume that all sedans have 6 speeds and sound like thunder.

Man how are you guys getting homes out of a hospital, that seems like a nightmare!

Not a 5BW recommendation but highly recommend getting a dedicated infant car seat vs convertible car seat for the first few months. Your back and your baby will thank you.

This is what we used- KeyFit 30 Infant Car Seat | Chicco
It fits fine in all cars even the ones with very less space- I could fit this in a mini we had back then.

I have a Clek Ling that fits fine. My 8 month old daughter has ridden in the 5 Blackwing by far more than any other car. When she grows up she'll just assume that all sedans have 6 speeds and sound like thunder.
How do you like the clek? Seems a little off the run but reviews are fantastic. Think I have it narrowed to the clek and Chicco mentioned above (my wife may disagree...)

This Convo is making me feel so mature.

How do you like the clek? Seems a little off the run but reviews are fantastic. Think I have it narrowed to the clek and Chicco mentioned above (my wife may disagree...)

Clek is good. I didn't have the infant seat, but had convertible car seats. built like a tank and easy to clean. Customer service was top notch also. One reason why I went w/ them is b/c you can fit 2 side by side and leave open seat on the side.

Will echo some other comments here, have a rear facing seat in the back of a 4BW (Chicco, excellent brand), and it works just fine. The 5 has acres of space in comparison. As for seats themselves, we had a Graco ClickConnect with a couple of bases for the infant seat and they were great. Really it's the convertible seats that get used in the long haul so if its a choice, spend your money on a good one there, as there's no need to splurge on the infant seats when they'll only be in there for a few months anyway

Clek Liing infant car seat is great. One of the very few ones not made in China (made in Canada, so not sure if it's actually better). I ended up getting 3 bases. One for my car, one for wife's and one for grandparents that take care of her alot. It needs an adapter to fit the Uppababy stroller.

I like the fact it has a load leg for the base and feels super sturdy.

We also looked at the Uppababy Mesa, Pippa Nuna, Cybex Aton, and ChiccoFit and Graco car seats.

I think my only regret is sometimes they go on sale by alot around Black Friday, but our baby girl was born in May and I didn't think far ahead enough to get in on those deals.

We used a Doona for the first year, and I would highly recommend that, especially if you travel at all. I never had it in the 5BW, but I'm thinking it would fit, no problem (can test if you need it). We now use a Nuna Rev in a Honda Civic, which is rear or forward facing, and the whole thing rotates sideways for easy in and out...highly recommend. I'm sorry, but I can't remember if I test fit it in the 5BW or not (let me know, and I can if you need the info). I put a Britax one4life clicktight in the 5BW, rear facing behind the driver seat. I'm 6'0" and it fits, but just barely. I put down two seat protectors, and when I'm not using it, I release the tension on the seat belt holding mechanism to hopefully keep from putting marks in the seat.. It's very easy to cinch it back down before putting the kid back in.

I bought the Blackwing so I could haul a kiddo(s). We have been using a Nuna Pipa RX rear facing seat with Pipa RELX base. We bought 2 bases since my wife drops off and I pick up. The car seat stays with my son.

Now that he is 14 months old and he has a baby sister arriving this summer we bought a Nuna Rava. I test fit the Rava and it works forward and rear in my 5BW even behind my seat. I’m 6’-0”

35D2F475-E616-4869-81DF-49FAD3E07626.jpeg

I echo the recommendation for the CHicco Keyfit infant seat aka baby bucket. We had one for each of our kids and they were the best piece of baby hardware we ever bought.

It's a shame Recaro kid seats are no longer widely available in the US, we had two convertible seats and two boosters and we (and the kids) loved them.
recaro2.jpg

recaro3.jpg

I have 2 Graco extend to fits and 2 Britax clicktights( for my 3 year old). We started with a britax bucket with a click in base and bought an extra base( which came with a nice stroller which locked in the bucket). The bucket lasted about a year and they were too tight in the shoulders.

The Graco has 5 in foot extension but the kids got too tall by 2 so we forward faced them. They say to keep them in rear facing as long as you can up to 4 years old but I think that isn't realistic for taller bigger children.

We had a city select double stroller which was gifted to us and it was the biggest pain in the ass stroller, I'd stay clear of that thing. We ended up using a $40 double wide umbrella stroller and a maclaren single umbrella that worked just fine for our needs.

Here are photos of the 2 different seats in the 5.

Do yourself a favor and put some foam down on the rear seats and get a full cover for the rear seats and the back of the front seats as they will eventually kick or throw waterbottles or whatever else they have in their hands when they throw a fit. I went with Tuxmats because they have more coverage than any other mat put there( including weather tech).
20230209_144423.jpg
20230209_144431.jpg

I have two Diono Radian for my older boys on the side. I can slide them out a bit and put my daughters rear facing Graco Slimfit in between them if need be. Just did it this weekend and took the fam out to C&C and Tarpon Springs.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back