Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Car arrived with damage...

I was talking to my dealer yesterday and apparently they had a Escalade get delivered that required over 8k in repairs due to transport damage....thats rough. I didn't know dealers take a hit when that happens, that doesn't seem right if the dealer can't tell GM how to transport the car.

I was talking to my dealer yesterday and apparently they had a Escalade get delivered that required over 8k in repairs due to transport damage....thats rough. I didn't know dealers take a hit when that happens, that doesn't seem right if the dealer can't tell GM how to transport the car.
Every dealer is supposed to have someone on staff that checks cars being dropped off. Each car is given a certain allotted time to be checked over and any damage reported to the truck driver. Now if the vehicles are dropped off outside of a dealer's normal operating hours, the cars are then "STI"'d. I'm not totally sure what this means but my understanding is that the report of damage window is different than if they're dropped off when the dealer is open.

I believe that all claims are filed to the manufacturer by the dealer and the manufacturer will compensate the dealer a percentage of the repair costs.

This is my understanding of the process.

Every dealer is supposed to have someone on staff that checks cars being dropped off. Each car is given a certain allotted time to be checked over and any damage reported to the truck driver. Now if the vehicles are dropped off outside of a dealer's normal operating hours, the cars are then "STI"'d. I'm not totally sure what this means but my understanding is that the report of damage window is different than if they're dropped off when the dealer is open.

I believe that all claims are filed to the manufacturer by the dealer and the manufacturer will compensate the dealer a percentage of the repair costs.

This is my understanding of the process.
Got it. That makes more sense.

Well I am pretty OCD so I have decided to re-order the car and walk away from this one. It won't be numbered, but that is not a huge deal to me. On the plus side after seeing the interior in person I plan to upgrade to the one with the quilted seat inserts instead of the suede. The seats with the suede inserts were pretty plain. Also added a few other items seeing as I have plenty of time to save up a little more money...and now it is time to start back at 1100 status:(
Good idea, I didn’t even think about the fact that the damage is right at eye level. I’d be staring at it every time I got in the car (or opening the door for my wife lol).

I had a brand new truck go in for it’s first complementary oil change. One of the salesman backed into the side of it damaging both doors and the frame around them. They took it to a well known body shop and had it repaired. I went while it was apart and couldn’t believe what the shop had to do to repair it, welding the entire frame around both doors back in. I knew what was done and could not find any of their work. Was astonished by the quality of their work. Like i had stated prior, you would not see it if done right. End of day your choice.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back