Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Camaro dead in 2024 - Blackwing next?

savethemanual

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4 V blackwing

Wonder how far behind the blackwings are.

On a personal note- My first car was a 2010 camaro, I also owned a 2017 camaro SS and this makes me sad.

My previous blue baby attached.

Attachments

• IMG_0741.JPG
    IMG_0741.JPG
    685.4 KB · Views: 69
Wonder how far behind the blackwings are.

Blackwings are built on the same platform in the same factory - but in far fewer numbers.

I don't see how the Blackwings survive this.

Blackwing seems to have at least 2 more years, maybe more. I doubt they refresh the interior and headlights for a single year. But of course anything is possible.

"The nameplate will live on" could mean anything for Camaro. I suppose that means back as a "who cares" BEV appliance with limited utility, but you never know. Could be a Camaro SUV for all we know with GM.

"The nameplate will live on" could mean anything for Camaro. I suppose that means back as a "who cares" BEV appliance with limited utility, but you never know. Could be a Camaro SUV for all we know with GM.
Oh I totally think its going to be a chevy bolt based SUV with camaro nameplate.

There have been articles about re-using the name on an electric crossover, ala Mach E.

It is sad........but the market has spoken. While the 5th gen Camaro outsold all other pony cars for most of its life, the 6th gen went the opposite way - even the venerable Dodge has outsold it for the last few years.

Looks like the Mustang will have a monopoly starting next year !!

Well, on the bright side, once the last ICE Blackwing rolls off the line, used values should start to increase… because people so often want what they can’t get. 20 years from now the CT5-V Blackwing could carry the same mystique as the Buick GNX (a skunkworks monster created by passionate engineers who likely knew the opportunity would never come their way again so they strove to build something extraordinary.
That’s how legends are born).

I thought about getting a "final year" camaro when they decided to cease production, again. But with my 5bw, no need for it now. I bought a 2001 Camaro SS new when 2002 was the final year that time. I was going to have a '02 built but the dealer found my exact spec at another dealer one state over and did better on the price.

Anyone remember around 2014/2015, before the 6th gen design was revealed, a set of 2016 headlights popped up on ebay? I have that drivers side one, lol.

GM has plenty of electric crossovers coming down the pipeline they don't need to add another in the case of the Camaro.

More then likely it will be revived as a performance electric car, maybe sedan maybe a 2+2 coupe and will ride on whatever platform they use for the future electric Cadillac sedans.

The Blackwings, based on spy photos, are getting a refresh and will live a while longer. It should be noted that the Cadillac sedans use Alpha chassis 2, the Camaro uses the original Alpha chassis, which is enough difference that they don't have to be killed off just because the Camaro is.

It just means GM won"t have much coming out of Lansing for a while with the Camaro dead but maybe they can increase CT4/CT5 production in that case?

This hasn’t been confirmed yet but I’m hearing rumors that the Challenger will be redesigned for ‘24. The top ICE power train will be a HO TT version of the Hurricane inline 6 with about 500hp. I can’t locate the article so it’s possible I dreamt it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

While there has not been any info about the end life of the Cadillacs, the Camaro has been known for a while. Also, Lansing Grand River is rumored to initiate production of an EV model in the near future.

I'm almost certain there will be a 7th Gen Camaro. Whether it will be ICE or EV is the question.

As for Blackwings, the CT platform is doing OK, the CT5 appears to be the breakout winner. So the 5BW maybe around a bit longer may be out to 26? The CT4 on the other hand, doesn't seem to be selling as well as a product family. I wouldn't surprise me to see it get dropped in 24 as well. Not good news for the "most track-focused V Cadillac has ever produced".

To be honest the Blackwings are to my mind an excellent value from a bang-per-buck perspective, but the writing may be on the wall as GM made more Camaros of every trim than CT4s and CT5s combined.

Like my old Drill Instructor used to say of both cigarettes and trainees, " smoke em if you got em!"

Who knows. Maybe the discontinuation of the camaro will lead to more bw's being built due to more availability on the production line? I know. Wishful thinking.....

In addition to the world ending next week due to climate change, therefore only electric cars and turn your home AC off, the younger generations are not car guys. Very declining demand.

Sedans & small cars went from 43% of all sales in 2010 to 19% today. Sports cars from 5% to 2%. People are buying trucks & SUVs, which aren’t exactly emissions friendly purely based on the physics of a larger/heavier vehicle.

New federal rules are going to require fleet wide 49 mpg on average by 2026. That’s more than double where GM is at today. They’re having to push to electric bc of this. They’re already having to buy emissions credits to meet current standards as they and Stellantis are bottom rung right now on efficiency of their fleet.

I think the execs at Cadillac are dead set on EV as soon as possible. From the various interviews of engineers and team leaders during the launches of both the Blackwings and the Escalade V, this is the last hurrah for ICE + Caddy.

GM is already going to make another generation of V8 engines, so it's likely the Camaro would get maybe one more gen, as we have 7 years until most of the ICE-death-sentence regulations kick in around the world. Maybe it would be mild-hybrid to boost the MPG and still allow for a robust aftermarket.

Ford just redid the Mustang — Stellantis will likely make an i6 sports something alongside their mega EV hellcat – which leaves GM wondering if they should leave such a piece of the pie on the table.

Compared to other sports cars, the Camaro sells well.
in 2022 here are the sales numbers for common, relatively affordable sports cars:

Subaru BRZ: 3,345
Supra: 4,952
MX-5: 6,172
GR86: 11,996
WRX: 18,662
Camaro: 24,652
Mustang: 47,566
Challenger: 55,060

3rd aint so bad when you eclipse the largest automotive company in the world with only a single model against their 3+ sports models (Toyota; GR86, Supra and Corolla GR).

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back