Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Brand new CT4-V Blackwing - blows hot air on passenger

Cammie

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT4-V
Hi all,

I have 6MT number 502 of the CT4-V Blackwing - has < 300 miles on it - and it's already broken. It seems like it blows only hot air on the passenger at all times, independent of the setting of the controller.

Has anyone else had this experience? Or is this a one-off?

Thanks!

CC

Maybe it's because your passenger looks super cool in your new car?

Thank you, thank you...I'll be here all week.

No but seriously, sorry your new car is busted. 😥

Hi all,

I have 6MT number 502 of the CT4-V Blackwing - has < 300 miles on it - and it's already broken. It seems like it blows only hot air on the passenger at all times, independent of the setting of the controller.

Thanks!

CC
At least its not your HUD disappearing, like mine @ only 400 mi.

Hi all,

Thanks!

CC
I just brought home 6MT CT4VBW number 501 earlier this week, nice to meet the next one in line!
Sorry to hear about your issue. Does it do the same thing whether you have the passenger side temperature set differently than the drivers side or if you have oth sides on “sync”?

Some problem 2022 GMC 3500 Denali there trying to tell me it’s the evaporator only problem I have with this is in my case the passenger side is ice cold but the driver side blows hot air! In my opinion has something to do with the electronics thermal coupler switch oh well we’ll let them change it and see what happens. Not available locally has to be pulled from the assembly line ridiculous hope that’s not your case.

I just brought home 6MT CT4VBW number 501 earlier this week, nice to meet the next one in line!
Sorry to hear about your issue. Does it do the same thing whether you have the passenger side temperature set differently than the drivers side or if you have oth sides on “sync”?
I'm 499, now we just have to find 500 to plug the gap

Hi all,

Thanks!

CC
Try this...put in sync and run the temp all the way to low and then all the way to high, then back to what you want and see what it does.

Hi all,

Thanks!

CC
Believe it or not, the blend door actuators are "calibrated". My son on his ATS had the same issue and they had to reprogram his blend door actuator module.

Believe it or not, the blend door actuators are "calibrated". My son on his ATS had the same issue and they had to reprogram his blend door actuator module.
Yes, there is a calibration sequence that can be done with a decent scan tool. Sometimes that fixes it or it might be an actuator problem.

Attachments

• 20220702_131633.jpg
    20220702_131633.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 112
I doubt it. They likely do the VINs in the order of acceptance and build them in the order that parts are available
and then ship them in the most out of order way possible...

Picked her up this morning from Dustin
enjoy that LONG ride home lol at least redline will unlock less than halfway through the trip
and then ship them in the most out of order way possible...
obviously no one taught them FIFO, FILO or even LIFO. They are going with GAGO (grab anything get out)

At least its not your HUD disappearing, like mine @ only 400 mi.
If anyone has issues with their HUD disappearing; and not because you tinkered with the controls, its covered under Bulletin #22-NA-113 - Head Up Display (HUD) Blank, Non-Responsive to Brightness, Aim, or Page Controls, DTC U0158 Set.
Mine went out just after 700+ miles, finally got to the dealer to bring it back up.

If anyone has issues with their HUD disappearing; and not because you tinkered with the controls, its covered under Bulletin #22-NA-113 - Head Up Display (HUD) Blank, Non-Responsive to Brightness, Aim, or Page Controls, DTC U0158 Set.
Mine went out just after 700+ miles, finally got to the dealer to bring it back up.
Mine went out the day I picked it up. They fixed it the following day

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners