Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Brake Coolers and the Quality of Cadillac Service Depts

IMSA-01-fan

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Do Cadillac dealers have a modern service dept experience or does it depend on location? I sure did not experience one. How is it that other manufacturers give texts and video updates but I got nothing after 3 visits for something very trivial like fixing the brake coolers? I initially shared too much info and have edited it, sorry about that.

So questions to answer.

Does the rear brake deflectors\cooling whatever come with any instructions?

Do those of us that had them installed at dealer and then later removed lose any parts?

Can we see a pic of what a rear brake cooling package contains?

The manual says to use them for track but it is also not very detailed.

Last edited:
Aren't the rears installed at the factory and the fronts come in the trunk?

Other way around.

Front cooling is installed at the factory and is not intended to be swapped in and out.

Additional rear ducts for track use only should have been left for you in a bag in the trunk.

Other way around.

Front cooling is installed at the factory and is not intended to be swapped in and out.

Additional rear ducts for track use only should have been left for you in a bag in the trunk.
I'll have to look again as I just looked at the bag last week because they were asking about them on Camaro6 and I could swear that it said front.

See below

Attachments

• 9CBBD94C-9CBD-4A6D-AA6F-03DE3093EC88.png
    9CBBD94C-9CBD-4A6D-AA6F-03DE3093EC88.png
    990.8 KB · Views: 126
see my post here: CT5 BW brake parts

confusing topic, compounded by some dealers screwing things up and the differing packages for ceramic vs steel brakes. I think Mirza shared that the instructions were in the bag along with the parts?

That's what I am wondering as I only got the 2 coolers back and no instructions. Asked a couple times at the dealer and never got an answer.

That's what I am wondering as I only got the 2 coolers back and no instructions. Asked a couple times at the dealer and never got an answer.

Brake ducts are generally pretty easy to install. Usually they just snap onto the control arm or bolt up near the control arm/wheel assembly. Brake shields are generally the same way in that 3-4 bolts and they come off/on.

I have my packets for both my cars with the instruction and I posted the contents several months ago but can't tell you what thread....When I get time I will dig everything out again and post pics.

I'll have to look again as I just looked at the bag last week because they were asking about them on Camaro6 and I could swear that it said front.
Here’s what I have. Are you telling me that this was supposed to have been installed during PDI and that I’m missing the kit for the rear?

Attachments

• 5AC1BEC9-7187-4600-B4CB-16892D6C7180.jpeg
    5AC1BEC9-7187-4600-B4CB-16892D6C7180.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 111
  • 898232AB-6272-4166-A460-C2D6F61FB9DE.jpeg
    898232AB-6272-4166-A460-C2D6F61FB9DE.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 115
You're good. Same parts were in my trunk when I picked it up today, but mine were in a bag labeled "DEFLECTOR KIT-FRT". I think they just grabbed a random bag to throw the stuff in.

What you have is the replacement shields for the front and the deflectors for the rear control arms, with the two spacers, bolts, and nuts. All are only needed for track use.

This is labeled wrong Should only read rear not front and rear as the fronts are put on at factory Yes?
No, for CT4 (don't know about CT5).
The "Care Package" includes parts for both Front & Rear.

Yes, the Front Ducts are factory installed, but new smaller Front Backing Plates are provided, to get more air to Front Rotors. (replaces original large Front Backing Plates)

Rear Deflectors are also provided, but their use requires complete removal of original Rear Backing Plates.

Hence, both are for Track Use only.

Thank you CT4-V Blackwing and the others for the follow on info. That was the info I was missing and not able to get from the dealer. Now I can get the missing pieces back for under 100 or maybe the dealer will get me it. My frustration came from being informed and telling the sales person the rear brake deflectors stay in trunk before picking up car. He replied OK but they put them on anyways. Yes I should have checked before leaving but was more focused on my car that just came in.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back