Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Bought the CT5 V BW From ReCar

Manufacturers are required to supply parts for vehicles for 10 years. Drive it for 10 years and then start stockpiling oem parts from one of the many online dealers - that way you don't need to store them for 10 years.

In practice, I have found everything is available for at least 15 years (especially since the 10 years starts from the year the last vehicle was sold) - That's when I start to stockpile parts. I just bought two complete sets of oem suspension bushings for my 92 Honda in hopes of keeping it on the road forever.

I'll buy a set of Mag ride shocks about 15 years from now and store them on a shelf, because I think that is going to be the consumable that will be impossible to find 40 years from now (but finding wiper blades won't be an issue)
This is the type reply that is beneficial. I'm looking at a few parts on the ct5 bw now thinking that they won't won't last unless they are "mothballed" or shelved. Think about the amazing Buick Park Avenue. The rear shocks were one of the first major failures that would cause not only a sale of the vehicle, but an improper ride. How long will the OEM splitter be produced. Until some person with a 3D printer gets tired of doing the gig?

I own lots of old cars. In California there's no rust, but rubber parts wear out: hoses and suspension bushings specifically. If you store the car in a garage, the rubber seems to last longer (no issues at 25 years at least) while a 25 year old car stored outside with need all new rubber.

The issue I see on these will be brakes and shocks. I don't think any other cars share the 15-1/2 rotors but I could be wrong. And shocks almost by definition have damping tuned to the specific vehicle. At 15 years buy spares of both of those. In the distant future my prediction is you'd either need to get your shocks rebuilt or perhaps switch to an aftermarket set without the Mag ride. Remember, these are made by Beijing West Industries not a US manufacturer like Monroe so who knows what part support will be like in the distant future

These are extremely low volume vehicles (we're not talking Model A or Beetle or Mustang numbers to get the aftermarket interested)

It could have show on the carfax.
The Carfax showed the theft.. A friend gave me the number to the Missouri Secretary of State. I called 2 times and got an actual human asking me to please hold. The dealer was cordial. Had an authentic.. better than car dealer jib.?.. The bottom line is this, car has low miles, the oil PSI is 44, and the damage done from the theft is manageable. I got a bonus because 1.) The car has a clear bra type application that went unnoticed until 12 hours ago 2.) I asked for a below asking price. 3.) I probably saved 20k +. 4.)The 4rth plus is a stretch.

I did find an about 1/4- 1/8" door misalignment. I think it's from the factory. I may try just forcings things into place as I've been told that's how door alignment are done. Meaning grab the door and pry it "this" way.

The Carfax showed the theft.. A friend gave me the number to the Missouri Secretary of State. I called 2 times and got an actual human asking me to please hold. The dealer was cordial. Had an authentic.. better than car dealer jib.?.. The bottom line is this, car has low miles, the oil PSI is 44, and the damage done from the theft is manageable. I got a bonus because 1.) The car has a clear bra type application that went unnoticed until 12 hours ago 2.) I asked for a below asking price. 3.) I probably saved 20k +. 4.)The 4rth plus is a stretch.

I did find an about 1/4- 1/8" door misalignment. I think it's from the factory. I may try just forcings things into place as I've been told that's how door alignment are done. Meaning grab the door and pry it "this" way.
Congratulations on finding a BW that fit your budget. Nice find on the clear bra!

The forum has lots of good info that could be beneficial in providing answers you seek and also includes a registry that may be helpful in finding previous owner.

It would be great to eventually uncover how the car was stolen to help prevent that from happening again! So many videos on key fob signals being hacked and cars stolen from many brands, I sincerely hope our BWs are not as easily hacked, for example.

Enjoy your new ride every chance you can even if it’s just stepping out to the garage and admiring while drinking a cup of coffee!

Btw- My 5BW is a garage queen that’s puts a huge smile on my face every time I see her in the garage and a massive grin when I hit the start button for a quick ride somewhere.

This is the type reply that is beneficial. I'm looking at a few parts on the ct5 bw now thinking that they won't won't last unless they are "mothballed" or shelved. Think about the amazing Buick Park Avenue. The rear shocks were one of the first major failures that would cause not only a sale of the vehicle, but an improper ride. How long will the OEM splitter be produced. Until some person with a 3D printer gets tired of doing the gig?
Amazing and Buick Park Avenue used in the same sentence? Which one would that have been?

Amazing and Buick Park Avenue used in the same sentence? Which one would that have been?
Any one that came with a 3800 supercharged(all of them?). Minor issues and near bullet proof. Accept for the failing rear air shocks.

The 3800 sc'd cars were "Ultra" trim levels.

Another thoughtful/intelligent response. Thank you.

Aw crap. I didn't realize that our replies were being graded.

I see the occasional "special" car like a 1990 ZR-1 Corvette that has low miles and still rides on the original tires, or the owner has put on new tires but kept the OE tires, now rock-hard and dangerous to use. And I suppose if you are going to "show" the car competitively and get it scored at an NCRS meet or something, that matters, but man oh man it seems like a lot of trouble to me. And would they really notice or care that the wiper blades are not OEM?

Yeah, probably.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners