Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwings really need a 'Performance Supplement'

Just give me an option that doesn't include all the brake dust please.

Just give me an option that doesn't include all the brake dust please.
Forreal. 400 miles back from picking it up off the lot and the bronze front wheels look grey/black now... Going to have those ceramic coated and hopefully cleaning isn't so bad.

Forreal. 400 miles back from picking it up off the lot and the bronze front wheels look grey/black now... Going to have those ceramic coated and hopefully cleaning isn't so bad.
You can buy low dust ceramic pads for the 4.

My wheels have a kick butt ceramic coating and 99% comes off during a power wash/foam bath.....

Just bringing this to the top because there is a a lot of valuable info in here.

Sorry to add but your rights being denied isn't political.
As much as I agree with your message and irritation, this is a car forum and let's stay on topic and keep the politics out of the discussion.

Tire Pressures on page 336 say for 'high speed driving' cold pressures should be 41psi F and 42psi R. I was shocked. I have never seen recommended pressures so high.
Those pressures sound pretty good for track (road course) use. The last think you want is the tires being under-inflated and scrubbing in the corners. Very annoying.

Whenever I have guests on the track, I recommend they go 42F/40R for whatever car they have. Car and Driver did a test a bunch of year back and found that pressures in the low-40's resulted in optimal lap times for street tires.

Racing tires are a different story. Same for very light cars (like a Cobra, Lotus 7, etc.). Pressures will be lower for those.

Saw a video of a guy at Laguna Seca with an Integra Type S that had a tire fold over on itself. Gotta wonder if it started out under pressure and mediocre driving teamed with track curbing might have been contributing factors

Saw a video of a guy at Laguna Seca with an Integra Type S that had a tire fold over on itself. Gotta wonder if it started out under pressure and mediocre driving teamed with track curbing might have been contributing factors
Was he able to keep up with the CT4 Blackwing? I know the CT5 Blackwing will beat him around the track.

he was running 1:44 which is faster than me by about 12 seconds and just slightly faster than another 4 Blackwing that was running about 1:52. I'm guessing he's a better driver than I. I haven't found many 4BWs that ran Laguna on a track day. I only have 2 20 minute sessions on Laguna Seca with the car, which is much heavier than I'm used to and I was running way too slow in the corners.

he was running 1:44 which is faster than me by about 12 seconds and just slightly faster than another 4 Blackwing that was running about 1:52. I'm guessing he's a better driver than I. I haven't found many 4BWs that ran Laguna on a track day. I only have 2 20 minute sessions on Laguna Seca with the car, which is much heavier than I'm used to and I was running way too slow in the corners.
The driver can make all the difference in the world. A very seasoned driver could take a Camry around a course faster than an octogenarian in a Blackwing.

While not quite octegenarian (gimme 20 years), I'm agreed. Also, this guy gets continual track time, I get it a couple times a year unless there's a pandemic, then i get it less.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back