Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwings really need a 'Performance Supplement'

Decided to create a BW version. It's a work in progress and completely unofficial. I welcome comments and corrections/additions.

Thanks for doing this!

I think it would be extremely useful to include the most excellent reference information about drive modes that you posted here.

That post cleared up a lot of mystery for me.

Agreed, but in this largely self-policed forum I think most agree on the unspoken boundaries. Let's stick to roasting each other for not using the search function and being impatient about built cars not being delivered.

Thank you @MatthewAMEL for being a man of action and starting the supplement. Hopefully it is the catalyst to Cadillac creating something official.
Donald Trump GIF
fire gas GIF
Searching GIF by moodman
Internet Speak To Me GIF

This is great. I was referencing the Camaro supplement for track prep since that is all I could find. There's a lot of confusion on the brake cooling components from previous threads. I'll add a little bit of knowledge I have on that as well, since the manual is a tad confusing. I posted this buried in another thread. This is for 5BW, nor sure if 4BW is the same.

Non-CF1 cars.
-Remove front tire deflector for track use.

Non-CCB cars.
-Apply all of the additional brake cooling mods provided.
-Remove front rotor dust shield and replace with front ball joint protector shield
-Remove upper and lower rear rotor shields
-Add rear lower control arm air deflectors

If you have CF1+CCB, there is nothing to do for brake cooling before track use.

All cars already have front air deflectors on front brakes, nothing needs to be done with those. CF1 cars have a strake in front of the front tires, which is why they don't have the tire deflector, so nothing to be done with those.

Sorry to add but your rights being denied isn't political.

So you spoke up when Roe was overturned? :unsure: 😛

Season 4 Joey GIF by Friends
How about you both delete these, and PM each other for a healthy debate. Otherwise, dad might need to put you each in the corner (which is best achieved with -2.8 camber in the front, and -2.5 in the rear). See how I kept that on topic? try that

Does everyone agree the factory 5BW brake pads are good enough for track use?

A friend recommended Hawk DTC 60s, he uses those on his z06. I couldn't find any after market brake pad options. I don;t have CCB..

Does everyone agree the factory 5BW brake pads are good enough for track use?

A friend recommended Hawk DTC 60s, he uses those on his z06. I couldn't find any after market brake pad options. I don;t have CCB..
the 5 pads work extremely well. the failure point, if you can call it that, are the tires getting too hot and greasy. maybe at like VIR you can push the car enough to get the warning message to come up asking you to let the brakes cool, but at my track (which has several long high speed straights) the tires are the issue.

keep in mind too that this car is brake by wire. all brake feel is simulated and there are no sensors measuring temp. it is all algorithm based on the factory pads, so if you switch the car is going to think something different is happening than what is actually happening

It all depends on the track and your experience level. If you are new to track driving , you’ll be fine ( change the brake fluid). If you are an advance group driver on a fast track, you might deglaze the pads and create hot spots on the rotors. Ask me how I know…

It all depends on the track and your experience level. If you are new to track driving , you’ll be fine ( change the brake fluid). If you are an advance group driver on a fast track, you might deglaze the pads and create hot spots on the rotors. Ask me how I know…
What kind of Pads would you recommend?

Thanks,
Jordan

What kind of Pads would you recommend?

Thanks,
Jordan
This could be an entire thread with so many opinions, since each person is on a different speed/experience and different track.
Ferodo DS1.11 and Pagid Yellow are good but too expensive , Raybestos are disappearing from the market. Carbotech/Gloc XP12 are good but last only 2-3 days. More aggressive XP pad will start hurting your rotors. Hawk are killing rotors and having corrosive dust ( you have to clean right away). EBC just came out with a new compound, but I haven’t tried it yet. There are more pads out there…but with a heavy car/ high HP something’s gotta give…
Or you can track 3000 lb BMW M3 E36 and have one set of pads lasting the entire season….

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back