Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing "V" Dealer

Goalieguy73

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Getting a CT4V this year
I am going to placing my order in May for my CT4V Blackwing. Is there any advantage to order from a "V" dealer over a regular caddy dealer? The closest V certified one is 3 1/2 hours away so if there isn't any advantage easier to hit a more local one. Both seem to be selling at MSRP for the 4BW so that's not an issue.

There aren't that many V certified dealers, but just getting an allocation has been hard and I don't know that it has stopped anyone from ordering. Are you sure you want to order in May? They will be cutting off the 23 ordering sometime that month (if like last year).

It doesn't seem to be as much of an issue on the 4 from the dealers I have talked to. The 5 they said was a different story. From what I have seen the 2024 orders start May 4th and rumor is they are doing a refresh for 2024 with infotainment upgrades (some say a bigger screen like the XT4). So I would rather wait a few months and get the refresh if it is what is rumored.

It doesn't seem to be as much of an issue on the 4 from the dealers I have talked to. The 5 they said was a different story. From what I have seen the 2024 orders start May 4th and rumor is they are doing a refresh for 2024 with infotainment upgrades (some say a bigger screen like the XT4). So I would rather wait a few months and get the refresh if it is what is rumored.
Ok, it wasn't clear about the reasoning for the May ordering.

Getting allocations is not fun, we had a lot of fun trying to get my wife's AT4X last year. That was a shit show I don't want to do again.

That was a shit show I don't want to do again.
Ha! I'd plan on that ordering a BW will be a shit show, unless something changes. Some folks got lucky and got their BW's quickly, most have not, hence the whole goat rodeo thing.

You've got a lot of knowledge here, and many threads for you to read. Most of your questions or issues should be answered here if you read or search through the threads.

Welcome to the Forum and good luck with your order.

Ha! I'd plan on that ordering a BW will be a shit show, unless something changes. Some folks got lucky and got their BW's quickly, most have not, hence the whole goat rodeo thing.

You've got a lot of knowledge here, and many threads for you to read. Most of your questions or issues should be answered here if you read or search through the threads.

Welcome to the Forum and good luck with your order.
Thanks, her truck was a mess. If you looked at inventory levels there were single or double digit amounts on Cars.com. The CT4V Blackwing last time I looked over 600 in the USA. So not saying it will be easy, but can't be as messed up as her truck was. The local dealer has 3 on his lot at MSRP and said no problem getting an allocation. Just not the options we want.

From what it says on Cadillac's website it is also for sales. They say that they have gone and done the V academy and other training.

From what it says on Cadillac's website it is also for sales. They say that they have gone and done the V academy and other training.
Do you have a link to the list?

I came across that the other day when poking around. The results were not what I expected.
Did provide much detail and seemed like there are not many certified dealers. Just wanted tonsee if it was worth the 3 1/2 drive.

Judging by my experience with my local V Certified dealer it means jack shit.

Come to think of it, there was no advantage service-wise either when I owned my V3.

Remember, most of those Blackwings you see on Cadillac's website or third party sites are sold units. Probably less so for the 4 than the 5. If you're looking based on websites, be prepared for lots of phone calls and possible dumb answers, not to mention giving up on wanted equipment, or getting equipment you might not want.

Again, read thru some of these threads. A wealth of knowledge here.

Remember, most of those Blackwings you see on Cadillac's website or third party sites are sold units. Probably less so for the 4 than the 5. If you're looking based on websites, be prepared for lots of phone calls and possible dumb answers, not to mention giving up on wanted equipment, or getting equipment you might not want.

Truer words were never spoken. I never got an allocation. Did the nationwide search for months, must have spoken to 30+ dealers prior to finding my car, still trying to stop emails and texts from dealerships that put me on their lists. Was disheartening and was starting to think it wasn't going to happen for me. Be patient and hopefully you find a stand-up dealership, order the car you want, will be worth it in the long run. Good luck.

Yes, my best advice would be don't do as I did. I tried to place one order with my local dealer hoping that they'd take care of me. They didn't and that combined with the fact that I'm being stubborn on options means I still don't have a car today. It's ok though, I've been really happy with my M5 so it's working out. I'll still get a BW one of these days. Most likely. :)

Good luck!

Not my first rodeo. We ordered a new AT4X last year and ran into all those issues. I ended up searching dealers after about 8 months of schenanigans with our order and found one 6 hours away. We didn't give up on any equipment we wanted on the truck or get anything we didn't want. I dealt with the random phone calls and emails. Blocking them isn't hard.

I have actually driven a CT4V BW here locally. It is still available along with others on the lot. I have found a couple of cars with the specs I am looking for IF I was getting a 2023. I am looking to get the refreshed 2024 so I am really not worried about the allocations currently. If I have to wait 6 months to a year to get it I am OK with that and all of this was not the question I asked.

The question I posted and I have and that only one person has answered is a "Certified V Dealer" worth a 3 1/2 drive to work with over a competent standard Cadillac dealer? Like you said and someone else said I have searched on this forum and there is not any posts about certified V dealers which is why I posted the question in the first place. Have you worked with a certified V dealer? If so could you let me know your thoughts?

Yes, my best advice would be don't do as I did. I tried to place one order with my local dealer hoping that they'd take care of me. They didn't and that combined with the fact that I'm being stubborn on options means I still don't have a car today. It's ok though, I've been really happy with my M5 so it's working out. I'll still get a BW one of these days. Most likely. :)

Goo

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners