Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Road Trips

Seth

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing 46-404
Just hit the road from Austin TX to Canon City CO. About 13 hours. Y’all done any good drives?

My longest trips; SoCal to Sacramento a few times and SoCal to Monterey once, have been about 6 hours. I absolutely love the adoptive cruise control on a long road trip.

Last edited:
Sonoma County CA to SoCal when I took delivery. About 7 hours or 430 miles. Not even 300 mi and I was getting 24.6mpg. shocking since my cx9 struggles to get 22mpg🤷🏻

When I had my 4BW I drove the Coronado Hwy (Route 191) in eastern AZ from about I-10 all the way north, up to Springerville and over to Show Low, then south to Globe and then home. Beautiful country and a FUN drive.

Trying to plan a short drive in my 5BW out to California to the roads out around Borrego Springs...Routes 67, 76, 78, 79, etc.

Last edited:
I'm planning a more ambitious drive from the SF Bay Area to the V Academy in Pahrump with a Grand Canyon detour next year...

So far my longest road trip has been ~884mi Napa-> Paso Robles -> Malibu + Canyons -> Monterey(Car Week) -> Napa

Screen Shot 2022-09-29 at 9.31.42 AM.png

When I had my 4BW I drove the Coronado Hwy (Route 191) in eastern AZ from about I-10 all the way north, up to Springerville and over to Show Low, then south to Globe and then home. Beautiful country and a FUN drive.

Trying to plan a short drive in my 5BW out to California to the roads out around Borrego Springs...Routes 67, 76, 78, 79, etc.
Great roads. I know them well both on 2 wheels and 4 wheels.

@NorCal Blackwing .....sounds like a great trip. I'm planning to do PCH sometime next year. Lots of planning to do for that trip.

My $0.02 on PCH -

1. Especially between LA and San Francisco, it can be a bear when it comes to traffic unless you hit it at the right time (early mornings or evenings) so I would approach it from the mindset of a nice scenic drive.

2. If you can time it right, the stretch through Big Sur is can be great technical drive to enjoy the car's dynamics and has great scenery, if you hit it during those quiet periods.

3. Less busy and most fun IMO is the stretch between Sausalito to Navarro beach (north of SF). If you do that, make sure to come back down to 101 via highway 128, amazing stretch of road through the redwoods.

My $0.02 on PCH -

1. Especially between LA and San Francisco, it can be a bear when it comes to traffic unless you hit it at the right time (early mornings or evenings) so I would approach it from the mindset of a nice scenic drive.

2. If you can time it right, the stretch through Big Sur is can be great technical drive to enjoy the car's dynamics and has great scenery, if you hit it during those quiet periods.

3. Less busy and most fun IMO is the stretch between Sausalito to Navarro beach (north of SF). If you do that, make sure to come back down to 101 via highway 128, amazing stretch of road through the redwoods.
Thanks for the tips. I'm sure I'll be doing a lot of back tracking. Traffic I'm sure will be a bear in different places, but what are you going to do? As they say, I'll have to "pack my patience". Really don't like that saying...so over used.

I am toying with the idea...If i get my car and if I feel like it... Colorado to Maine to Canada ( Montreal side) , stopping a few places from my teenage years along East coast like Allentown, PA, NYC, Hoboken NJ, Albany, Boston, etc etc you get the picture. Going back take Route 66. will see, time will tell. but to be honesr that is the only real drive planned for this car while i am owning. the rest of its life will be in a climate controlled garage and a local cruise or annual car meet thing...

Detours along the way

That's a very scenic route. Planning to do that soon myself, with a little alteration, going into Silver City for the a nice dinner and stay the night, next day up the 180 in NM, stay overnight somewhere in Arizona, then down the 191 back home.

@rubberduck ...if you plan to do the Coronado Hwy, be sure to top off as there are NO gas stations along the way from Alpine to Morenci, about 95 miles.

@NorCal Blackwing .....sounds like a great trip. I'm planning to do PCH sometime next year. Lots of planning to do for that trip.
I've been along the stretch from Big Sur to Newport OR multiple times and the vast majority of it really is just chill and looking at the ocean and the scenery and stopping at spots along the way. It's gorgeous but definitely more a grand tour than for hooning it.

The run through the Redwoods from Devante Lookout to Leggett CA is probably the best pure driving road stretch, you head inland and there are some full throttle straights and super twisty bits. And there are turnouts so sensible people can move over.
It's roads like HWY128 where you can head inland for ~15 miles and hit up a roadside BBQ, fancier place, or vineyard, have lunch and head back out to the coast, where you can get some sportier driving in.
Cliche you cannot go wrong is true though as there are so many cool things to see and do :)

Last February I drove my new 2022 Kia Telluride from Long Island, NY down I-95 into Charlotte,NC.....2nd day to Monroe,LA.....3rd day Pecos,TX......4th day to Chandler, AZ and stayed 2 nights with family. Then to Las Vegas for a few days. Then to Imperial Beach, San Diego, CA. Then came back via Gallup, New Mexico, then Oklahoma City, OK......then Nashville,TN (definitely going back here!) Then Front Royal, VA .....back to Long Island. Longest road trip of my life ! Racked up over 8000 miles in less than a month. The Telluride was fantastic on fuel mileage and comfort. Absolutely loved the adaptive cruise control feature. I highly doubt that I will ever drive my 5BW anywhere near that type of trip. Maybe a NY to Florida in the future. There are some nice scenic routes to drive up through the Palisades Pkwy into upper NYC area that are beautiful in the fall. Might do that very soon.
***Driving thru Texas was like being on the Moon , except there was oxygen. I need to visit northern Texas where I hear its nicer .

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back