Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing down!

Carguyshu

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
Happened right in front of me & caught it on video on my catalyst. Still has the temp tags on it too!

They luckily walked away. Unclear if they had track insurance or not.

Attachments

• IMG_4289.jpeg
    IMG_4289.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 251
  • IMG_4290.jpeg
    IMG_4290.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 247
  • IMG_4293.mov
    30.9 MB
Parts piece? After Ins tries to cut bait? 4BW guys may want to stay tuned? Pilot error @Carguyshu ?

Full bag deploy, what did he hit?

Edit: Wall. Wow! Oucch.

Maybe he didn't have 1,500 miles and the Head Goat Herder pulled his card...

Stop It Bruce Lee GIF

U hunting in the 5BW? @Carguyshu
Yes. Not sure what happened. Never seen a car go off there especially that way. I’ve seen lots of other cars go off in several other spots that are common, but never there. It is coming out of a long carousel & best I can guess is they hit the gas too hard too early and the tail came out shooting them into the wall. The car looks like it kinda jumped some like maybe they came inside the rumble strip or had a bad/violent shift that unsettled it? Again it was a weird place to go off. Everywhere that cars have a tendency to go off they have tons of tires, but none there

That's awesome...

ugh, hate to see that

What track did that happen at?

That sucks. My buddy did the same thing coming out of Big Bend at Limerock in a Miata. Wet track, plus someone had dropped fluid earlier in the day leaving little grip on the normal racing line. Lost the rear and he ended up in the inside tire wall in the same exact manner.

Why did they put that ridiculous wall right next to the track ?!?!?

That huge pasture would be perfect place to safely recover.

Is that the normal line at that point in the turn? Seems way too tight that far past the apex, but I've never been there. Doesn't like like much input reaction to initial rotation either, just drove it into the wall.

Why did they put that ridiculous wall right next to the track ?!?!?

That huge pasture would be perfect place to safely recover.
I circled in yellow the wall that got hit. From an aerial it certainly doesn’t make a lot of sense for it to be there. I know there’s a decent amount of elevation change in that area so maybe they were protecting from rolling over. I’ll need to take a better look next time at the area.

Is that the normal line at that point in the turn? Seems way too tight that far past the apex, but I've never been there. Doesn't like like much input reaction to initial rotation either, just drove it into the wall.
See track pic below. He wasn’t too far off. Where the rumble strip is on the left side at the end of carousel is when you’re suppose to roll onto the throttle and try and stay as left as you can as you then straighten out and turn right.

Attachments

• IMG_4305.jpeg
    IMG_4305.jpeg
    142.2 KB · Views: 68
That's me. I posted a new thread about it. Car is insured through Hagerty/RLI. Took a few days to collect my thoughts and finally decided to face my shame and post about it. Thanks for the video. It confirms what I thought happened.

Glad you're okay! I haven't had an oversteer event with the car yet. Was stability control off for the track?

Glad you're okay! I haven't had an oversteer event with the car yet. Was stability control off for the track?

I hade it set to Track mode and Race 1 PTM. So ESC was disabled. Though I’m not sure if it could have helped me seeing how close I was to the very edge of the track.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back