Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Black lug nuts with Graphite Wheels, looking for a photo

Tech Bronze with McGards Black Lugs & Locks new set. Out with the old in with the new. Summit Racing has them for $80 for a complete set of 4-4 pack lugs.. I had the locks so it may be a little more when you order those too. McGards Part# for Lugs is 64074. Locks are 24216. McGard is OEM on the 5BW.

Like the Black lugs against the Tech Bronze. Stands out to me. The Chrome just looks tired.

PS: Torque at 140 FT/LBS.

Attachments

• Old Lugs.jpg
    Old Lugs.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 127
  • New Lugs.jpg
    New Lugs.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Tech Bronze with McGards Black Lugs & Locks new set. Out with the old in with the new. Summit Racing has them for $80 for a complete set of 4-4 pack lugs.. I had the locks so it may be a little more when you order those too. McGards Part# for Lugs is 64074. Locks are 24216. McGard is OEM on the 5BW.

Like the Black lugs against the Tech Bronze. Stands out to me. The Chrome just looks tired.

PS: Torque at 140 FT/LBS.
I ordered the McGard 64072 that are the non-bulge style. My understanding is the conical seat on those is sufficient. Guess I’ll find out soon.

They both appear as adequate for the CT5-V on McGards website and the sales person i spoke to. However when I removed the factory chrome ones from my car they are "Bulge" conical seat so I stuck with the same type. On the Tech Bronze wheels the "bulge" type seams to seat better than just reg. conical? Locks are not made in "bulge" type, just conical seat.

My understanding of the bulge design is to prevent the socket from scratching the wheels. I always use a short socket so it’s not an issue, but it would prevent a monkey from screwing it up.

Makes sense, one of the other good guys on the site recommended this non-marring socket and its worry free!

Good luck, post pics when you set yours up!

1668276708153.png

it looks good. I think the dark grayish color of the rim is also the same color as the dark gray calipers that come standard so u can pull it off in this case. Also, i feel like cadillac should’ve never used chrome on any of the blackwings. But i guess chrome on a caddy is genetically accepted.

Attachments

• 392B85D8-C305-445D-858C-0C697F1298DD.jpeg
    392B85D8-C305-445D-858C-0C697F1298DD.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 82
  • A73D111A-A233-4408-A7CD-ED49122D2818.jpeg
    A73D111A-A233-4408-A7CD-ED49122D2818.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 82
I posted these in the performance section, but will add here for easy reference and comparison. I was weak, couldn't resist the Ti Temptation and was bad. PVD coated black Titanium open ended lug nuts below.

IMG_4989.jpg

IMG_4985.jpg

They do have a nice look. Probably not too good for salty roads though.

it looks good. I think the dark grayish color of the rim is also the same color as the dark gray calipers that come standard so u can pull it off in this case. Also, i feel like cadillac should’ve never used chrome on any of the blackwings. But i guess chrome on a caddy is genetically accepted.
Are your rotors ok?

Yea it was just washed and whiped so just needednto drive it around to clean up the rotors.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back