Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Baby Seat in CT4 BW

sethsquire

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT4-V Blackwing
Hi all, new member thinking of getting in on the Blackwing action in the near-ish future. I got a call from a dealer I had previously visited (Paul Conte Cadillac in Freeport, NY) to tell me they had gotten a CT4 Blackwing and that I was welcome to come down and take a look at it if I wanted. I quickly determined this was more important than work and left to go see it in person for the first time.

One reservation on getting this car is that I have an 8-month old and recently switched him to the rear-facing convertible seat, which is an absolute behemoth. Being in the physical presence of the car, I decided to take baby's throne out of my own car (a 2019 Genesis G70) and give it a test-fit. Honestly, while not exactly ideal, I was pleasantly surprised at the fit, and found that a person of my imposing stature (5'8") could still feasibly sit in the front passenger seat for around-town jaunts, though maybe not long trips. Overall, despite hearing how marginal the backseat is on this car and the ATS, I think it actually might be the slightest bit roomier than my Genesis, which admittedly is not saying much. Anyway, there's a data point to any other newish dads (or moms) out there.

Also, I had been waffling as far as color choice between Bust Your Face Blue and Tangerine Scream, and while I haven't seen the orange in person yet, seeing this blue actually pushed me a little in this direction.

Attachments

• 20210902_125014.jpg
    20210902_125014.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,029
  • 20210902_125008.jpg
    20210902_125008.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 706
  • 20210902_125648.jpg
    20210902_125648.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 670
Last edited:
Funny that you mention the rear seat room. I had originally hoped to get a 5BW until the pricing was released. At that point, my only real reservation about getting a 4BW was the rear seat room. I went to a Cadillac dealer to check it out in person and much to my surprise, it was more than adequate and was even roomier than our current Infiniti G37S Sedan.

Funny that you mention the rear seat room. I had originally hoped to get a 5BW until the pricing was released. At that point, my only real reservation about getting a 4BW was the rear seat room. I went to a Cadillac dealer to check it out in person and much to my surprise, it was more than adequate and was even roomier than our current Infiniti G37S Sedan.
Same boat! I sat in a non-BW CT5 and I was blown away by the amount of reat seat room, but even my modestly-spec'd theoretical CT5 BW was knocking on 90k. I actually owned a 2013 G37 at one point, and also found this car to at least be on par with that.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back