Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Any ideas for small modifications?

Back on topic, there's little to do to this car that is subtle without going too far. It already has the CF interior parts, brake calipers are already colored (though I'd like a different color, bronze was not my first pick), can upgrade to LED interior lighting, that's done... Bumpers, grills and exhaust tips are sick. Any more wing than what comes on it would look retarded. Suspension is tight AF, wouldn't wanna mess that up, springs at 15mm is a minimal drop for the cost of them.
I added key fob cases, just because I drop things... a lot
CF vent trims for the 3 dash front facing vents
Front maker tinted vinyl overlays
20% tint... should've opted for 35%, woulda looked better on black
Next I'll add the puddle lamps on the mirrors.

Future plans:
Staggered 19's, gray and deep concave. 265 fronts, 295 rears
Tap-out Airbox
Tap-out JB4
Maybe Tap-out catted Downpipes (not completely sold yet, still hearing of CELs)

It worked. I was able to get the puddle light installation completed last night. I used a small screwdriver to provide a little extra energy to get it moving. They both look good. Now I just need it to warm up oustide and the leftover salt get washed down the sewer grates and I can take it back out...
That's awesome to hear, enjoy the new look!

I did the precut film as well... No worries of uneven coverage, overspray or fading. As for my front badge, I don't see any other option. I have the front sensor built in, so that may be the route I go.
Where did you snag the precut film?

Where is everyone getting the puddle lights? Are these for the 4 or 5?

Either 4 or 5 as long as you already have the lights under your mirror (I think they all do)

There are some other puddle light options on the site as well

Here's a few pics of them. Spray soapy water on the lens, lay out the precut film right on top of the light lens, smear out the water underneath while holding it in place with your fingers. Let dry for a few hours in the sun. It took about 5 minutes per side. They are vinyl, not window tint. They feel durable and felt like a thick film.
30255765452714.png
Lights on1.png
Lights off1.png

As for the tint, I just think its too dark for a black car. My initial thought was 20% on the back windshield, 35% on the sides. The tint guy talked me into 20% all around, said I would like it better. I said ok because all our cars have always been 20% all around. I think a little lighter would've looked a little less "murdered out"

I got mine from here: https://floatingcentercaps.com/

I wanted to order from Savage, but they were out of stock. All this stuff is made in the same factory in China, so it's the same product no matter where you get it.

Here's a few pics of them. Spray soapy water on the lens, lay out the precut film right on top of the light lens, smear out the water underneath while holding it in place with your fingers. Let dry for a few hours in the sun. It took about 5 minutes per side. They are vinyl, not window tint. They feel durable and felt like a thick film.
As for the tint, I just think its too dark for a black car. My initial thought was 20% on the back windshield, 35% on the sides. The tint guy talked me into 20% all around, said I would like it better. I said ok because all our cars have always been 20% all around. I think a little lighter would've looked a little less "murdered out"
I used Vvivid Air-Tint in Dark Black. I wanted to make sure that the wrap went around the edges of the light housing so that absolutely zero orange plastic was visible. I pulled my marker lights out as described in the post here:

Pictures of it in that thread too.

Wrapping them without pre-cut film isn't hard. It takes more time, sure, but I'm pretty particular.

I used Vvivid Air-Tint in Dark Black. I wanted to make sure that the wrap went around the edges of the light housing so that absolutely zero orange plastic was visible. I pulled my marker lights out as described in the post here:

Pictures of it in that thread too.

Wrapping them without pre-cut film isn't hard. It takes more time, sure, but I'm pretty particular.
That was my plan if these didn't pan out. They covered well, you cant see the edge unless you are <1ft away looking in on them. This was too easy and didn't have to pull the lights

That was my plan if these didn't pan out. They covered well, you cant see the edge unless you are <1ft away looking in on them. This was too easy and didn't have to pull the lights
Yeah I quickly wrapped mine with a sheet of vvivid and hand cut without pulling the lights and it was hot garbage. Never got around to popping the lights off so for $15 I'll gladly throw these on and if they bug my inner OCD, I'll eventually then pull the lights and properly wrap them. Just ordered at 20% and will install them when it arrives.thanks for the link @1BadTundra

Been avoiding the tediousness but feeling more motivated to remove emblems and tint side markers. All in all, I will have monochrome front emblem, two black v-logos on lower door panels, tinted side markers and all black trunk emblem--removing the V and CT4 from rear. Fingers crossed I complete project with clear coat scratches only I can later buff and polish out.

Thems' were the days... We were kings!
So, my kid hits me up the other day, says "hey dad, you need the stuff called underglow on your car, that would be cool"... I was like "gather 'round junior, its story time"... I took his ass to school! I had a bagged out 96 Nissan Hardbody back in 97-00. She was a local car show queen. All hand fabbed bag kit, home made 4 link rear. He tells me, "Why couldn't you just bought those parts". Haha, the things kids say.
Then came the Fast & Furious era. Telling him we made that car culture, not the other way around.
I told him the stories of life before the internet, his mind is now blown, and he's wondering how we survived..
Sorry, slipping into the rabbit hole...
This is my favorite post so far this year.

Drop in green intake filters are quick and easy. Should take you no more than 15 mins to pop the torx screws to get the covers off.

Any ideas y’all? I’m bored

I remeber when people used carbon fiber for weight reduction. Now people are adding it on top of other parts beacause racecar lol.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back