Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Any CT5 BW owners in RTP

BimmerFan

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT5-V BW 6spd
If you are willing, I'd love to go for a ride with you, preferably on I-40/440/540 or US1 to gauge the ride quality and road noise. I won't ask to drive. I can't find a car to test drive, nor even go for a ride in at the dealers.

I'll buy you a cup of coffee and pay for the gas... ;)

I'm in Cary, will meet you wherever it's convenient.

Thanks!

PM, etc. me for details, I promise I'm for real, I won't hit you over the head and steal your car.

Michael

Same issue up here in upstate ny, none around besides the 10k markup jewels on the showroom floor that i am not even wasting my time going to look at knowing what the test drive answer will be, one used a few hours away at dealer but they were asking over original msrp and carfax said was gm car also auto not manual.

I'll be following your posts here as you slowly come to terms with ditching the German performance car for an American one. You're about 3 months behind where I was when I started thinking of selling my C63S for a 5BW.

Your first two posts here also remind me of a few threads over on Bimmerpost who have made the same move. The sequence of events usually goes:
  1. Am I crazy for thinking of getting rid of my M3/4 for a Blackwing? Anyone else do the same?
  2. Anyone have a Blackwing I can take for a test drive?
  3. Just drove one and it's incredible. But not 100% sure if I can get ride of my German refinement for an American car.
  4. Pulled the trigger, and after a few weeks it's the best decision I've made. I can't believe how fun this car is.
  5. 6 months later and I strongly advise anyone thinking the same to go for it. You won't be disappointed.

Many of us buy one sight unseen and without a test drive (my case). Sometimes one needs to take risks to get rewards.

Just take a test drive in a regular CT4-V and/or CT5-V to check the ergonomics. Better than nothing.

Same issue up here in upstate ny, none around besides the 10k markup jewels on the showroom floor that i am not even wasting my time going to look at knowing what the test drive answer will be, one used a few hours away at dealer but they were asking over original msrp and carfax said was gm car also auto not manual.
Are you looking to take a look at one in person? I'm hoping my gets delivered soon. I live in NJ now but have family in upstate NY and I'm up there often. Feel free to PM me if you want. Assuming mine isn't incredibly delayed I would guess I'll be in the area at some point in the near future.

Many of us buy one sight unseen and without a test drive (my case). Sometimes one needs to take risks to get rewards.
I’d say probably 98% were in the same boat. Shit, I couldn’t even find a 5 to look at. No regrets that’s for sure!

I’d say probably 98% were in the same boat. Shit, I couldn’t even find a 5 to look at. No regrets that’s for sure!
I had never seen a 5 in person until mine was delivered. It’s the only thing I can remember buying that was far superior than my expectations.

Drove to Boston from upstate ny in 2016 to test drive a ss sedan, on way back ordered one from local dealer to my spec. Fall 21 deposit on 2022 ZL1 vert manual in Ohio my spec, drove out next day and did quick test drive then paperwork and drove home. Did deal over phone for my wifes ss in Memphis TN in fall of 18 down and back in 52 hours. Alot of $$ for a 5 Blackwing to just order one without checking one out like OP is looking for, Camaro/ss had no seat options V does otherwise got my spec ready. I do get around east of Mississippi so will look at dealers where i am going, SC and TN next month.
ukcats12 will be pming you to see if were close.

I did my test drive and research on You Tube, Car&Driver- Road and Track Magazines. I did sit in a blue 4BW at a local car show for about 2 minutes. I bought my Telluride the same way.

I don't have a BW, but I felt my 09 V was fine on those roads. The exception would be the stretch on 540 between 55 and 40 where they did not diamond grind it. That was always a little annoying feeling. I drove that car around here for 14 years. My new M5 feels smoother over some of those same stretches. I would expect the BW to be even better because Magneride 4.0 is better than what BMW has, and way better than 2.0 in my old V.

This was my first American car and first new car. Only other Cadillac I had driven was a late '90s DeVille, lol. Hadn't even driven a GM small-block before, had only seen one 5BW in person between order and delivery, and had only sat in a regular CT5. Everything exceeded my expectations.

Be brave, I don't think you'll be disappointed esp. when the driving dynamics are the best part of the car.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back